L4 body with 17670's

Weskix

Newly Enlightened
It's over 45 minutes I do know that, but as far as official runtime charts I dont have the equipment or the time to produce them. You may be able to find a runtime chart for those cells in an L4 somewhere though.

BigBaller

Enlightened
I have an L4 with the 3 side edges (not sure if this is new or old model) and the new black and silver AW 17670s fit with room to spare. Great combo, it seems even brighter than before.
I'm wondering about a KL1 though, has anyone used a 17670 in their E2L?

bagman

Enlightened
BigBaller said:
I have an L4 with the 3 side edges (not sure if this is new or old model) and the new black and silver AW 17670s fit with room to spare. Great combo, it seems even brighter than before.
I'm wondering about a KL1 though, has anyone used a 17670 in their E2L?

I have contact problems with my KL1, it will not run on a 17670 in my L4 body.

Netherland

Newly Enlightened
My L4 is the latest version and looks exactly the same like the ones on the pictures as seen above.

Can anyone tell me for sure that the 17670's do or don't fit in my L4?
I think that's impossible.... right?

Weskix

Newly Enlightened
My L4 is stock and was never bored out or anything. It fits the 17670's just perfect. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw.

Netherland said:
My L4 is the latest version and looks exactly the same like the ones on the pictures as seen above.

Can anyone tell me for sure that the 17670's do or don't fit in my L4?
I think that's impossible.... right?

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it depends on the cell you but. Sometimes the protection circuit at the top of the cell isn't absolutely perfectly centered. When that happens the diameter at one end of the cell is slightly large than the other and so it doesn't fit.

Spypro

Enlightened
I have the latest version of the L4 and my AW 17670 cell is fitting perfectly. I removed the cell's sticker. I must push a little bit on the cell but nothing dramatic.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here, latest version of L4 and AW 17670! I now use my L4 alot when before I hesitated to use it because of the higher cost of CR123 batteries.

Illum

Flashaholic
I've only bought my L4 just shy 3 days till one month, its been eating through my cell stock like theres no tomorrow...
I look at my DSD bought to charge 14500s, then looked at the L4, mmmm :sold: bought two AW 17670s from lighthound

then I panic'd since countless threads state about 17670s fitting in L4s but didn't mention protected or unprotected

:thanks: for clearing that up :thumbsup:

the L4's "eyes" are so beautiful

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You've been around long enough to know about the issues with new L4's and fitting cells other than CR123's, so I am assuming that you have an older model L4 that allows the fitting of LiIon's.

Bill

Illum

Flashaholic
You've been around long enough to know about the issues with new L4's and fitting cells other than CR123's, so I am assuming that you have an older model L4 that allows the fitting of LiIon's.

Bill

I didn't start reading up on the L4 before I bought the light....but I was told my the seller of the light it works with 17670s...protected or unprotected was the issue:rolleyes:

I'm not sure how old mine is, theres only two parts on the body thats not knurled the top with a small clip [quite useless in my opinion]
and the bottom with all the words on it

EDIT:loaded the batteries, it works! w00t!
now the countdown till the charger goes green....8 hours to charge two 17670s [1600mah ea.] in the DSD, for a total of less than 2 hour runtime :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
From what I have read here on CPF the newest L4 body inside diameter has been reduced toward the tail cap. There have been posts about this and threads. Google L4 body and see what happens (cpf only).

Bill

Spypro

Enlightened
From what I have read here on CPF the newest L4 body inside diameter has been reduced toward the tail cap. There have been posts about this and threads. Google L4 body and see what happens (cpf only).

Bill

It is true that the inside diameter has been reduced. It is why I must push a little little bit on the AW 17670 cell (with removed sticker). But it is not damaging the cell nor the body so... it's ok !
Very happy with my L4.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I use an E2E body and a KL4 head so I can fit 17670's. The main reason I did this was to get a black L4, but I run rechargeables in all my Surefire lights. I've thought about getting another L4 but I'm worried about not being able to fit a 17670 in it. I've seen some L4's on BST fairly cheap lately.