Laser Magic Show - Jason Latimer

#1RAGE

Newly Enlightened
Amazing! This guy does some very cool tricks using a green laser. Actually maybe more than one laser. :twothumbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-XoN1Ts6Wg

Wonder what the power output of that greenie he is using is? Hopefully he doesn't get anyone in the audience in the eye!

Gazoo

Enlightened
Yeah, I got a kick out of it too. He does to appear cautious about aiming the laser(s). As far as what he is using I can't really tell. In the beginning of the clip the laser looks big and might be a Hercules...just a guess. But I did enjoy watching the tricks...awesome.

Tropmonky

Newly Enlightened
I'm guessing fiber optic cable?

c'mon, someone in here has got to know.....

K-

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
...c'mon, someone in here has got to know.....
Do you REALLY want to know? Why not just enjoy the mystery? I do a few closeup magic tricks & there's always someone who either HAS to know how it's done or claims they know ruining it for others. (BTW, I've got a good idea - but I'm not talkin'! :D ) I used to be that way, but now I just appreciate the entertainment value! Chris Angel blows me away with his stuff!!

Daedal

Newly Enlightened
You got that right Aaron. :D You're got to be in touch with your inner LASER ;)

--DDL

Illum

Flashaholic
the hand trick where a part of the lasers on his thumb....are there lasers that can only emit light when in contact with a chemical on the reflection surface?

Illum

Flashaholic
the twin light saber effect got me thinking....theres projects where ppl have used super caps to light LEDs after a charge using a power source....simple 5mw Lasers on caps:candle:

on the video the laser can be seen dissipating light as he sweeped the floor, so that resolves the possibility of a multi-axis projector...but the top half was cut off film... :thinking:

chuck

Newly Enlightened
For the finger effect, what about something even simpler?

The LASER provides a very intense burst of light -- charge up some "glow in the dark" paint on the tip of his finger... It'd take only a momentary exposure to charge it enough to glow (usually greenish) for a few seconds, and then fade.

Very similar to what happens in the video.

-- Chuck Knight