LD12, LD22, E11, E25

mstgkillr

Newly Enlightened
I am overwhelmed with all of the choices! I am trying to get this right the first time around. Living in Florida and dealing with power outages due to large storms and hurricanes etc... I feel that I need to have a few good flashlights and coming from an incandescent Maglite 3D and MiniMag AA Led, anything will be a substantial upgrade. Price isn't that much of a concern as value is. The flashlight must also run on AA's.

I just ordered my main emergency light, a Fenix TK41, 16 AA Eneloops, and two MH-C9000 chargers.

Now I am looking for my everyday, general use lights. I really like the Fenix LD12/LD22 and E11/E25. What are the main differences between the LD and E series between these 4 lights? Pros and Cons? I will mainly be using these lights around the house and work. The light would need to be good for walking around at night, going up and down stairs, checking equipment up close and up to 15 yards away.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The E series is generally cheaper and have less modes. The LD series have more modes then the E series. As for beam and such, I don't own the lights, so I'm not sure how the beam patterns or build qualities compare. The E series might be better value then the LD series, but that depends if you think the perks of the LD series are worth it.

Personally I find 1 AA lights good for EDC use. Small enough and uses a common battery and still decently powerful. I'm currently using a Zebralight SC51c. What's your price range?

:welcome:

ray777

Newly Enlightened
I like the E series lights, I think , In my opinion LD series are over priced (my personal opinion) there is nothing wrong about E series as people says its lower end , I myself don't find it lower end, I own E21 and the quality is solid and using it for last almost 2 yrs, E21 and E25 is a good choice, if want something smaller then E11 is fine too. just my 2 cent.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
I like the E series lights, I think , In my opinion LD series are over priced (my personal opinion) there is nothing wrong about E series as people says its lower end , I myself don't find it lower end, I own E21 and the quality is solid and using it for last almost 2 yrs, E21 and E25 is a good choice, if want something smaller then E11 is fine too. just my 2 cent.

I been chatting with Fenix Q&A they don't like that "economy" stuff.. they say:

E= Everyday lighting; LD= Limit Defying

I agree with that.. E series are pretty much everyday use lights. Just a lot of light without the bells and whistles.
...but I love the LD20/22 bells and whistles ;)

...but as for the OP's question, either get a lantern top for the TK41, or get a LD22 with a diffuser tip
3 lumens for 110 hours off 2 AAs... in a power out, that sure is nice for a nightlight
42 lumens for 15 hours.. that's nice for sitting around with the family.

If you go with the E25, one of those solar powered cheap-o lawn lights makes a nice nightlight ;)