Leef Bodies

Nite

Enlightened
I know that. But I want to see him and his item.

:crackup:That sounds so, Wrong!

A few years back, in this thread, I wrote that i thought Leef bodies are nicer than FiveMega bodies. I must now retract my statement. I would now have to say they are equivalent or different, but not better, as the FM bodies have improved.

That being said, the reason I asked FiveMega and WonderLite to have the FM bodies made, for the benefit of my hobby, was because Leef retired, and FM had made his final run of said 18mm SF C bodies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
:crackup:That sounds so, Wrong!

Hey, it's been awhile. Good to see that you're still around. I'm curious if the gap issue has been resolved as well. On my Leef-bodied SF 9P and M4 models there's no gap between the stock SF bezel and the Leef body when using any aftermarket LED drop-in. With a stock SF body, there's a barely noticeable gap. With a FiveMega body, the gap is quite a bit noticeable. That's not to take anything away from FM or the quality of construction of his custom bodies. With an aftermarket incandescent drop-in (such as the rechargeable set-ups from Lumens Factory) there is no gap between an FM body and SureFire bezel.

I am curious though if that situation with LED drop-ins has been corrected along with the improvement of the FM bodies.

Nite

Enlightened
Hey, it's been awhile. Good to see that you're still around. I'm curious if the gap issue has been resolved as well. On my Leef-bodied SF 9P and M4 models there's no gap between the stock SF bezel and the Leef body when using any aftermarket LED drop-in. With a stock SF body, there's a barely noticeable gap. With a FiveMega body, the gap is quite a bit noticeable. That's not to take anything away from FM or the quality of construction of his custom bodies. With an aftermarket incandescent drop-in (such as the rechargeable set-ups from Lumens Factory) there is no gap between an FM body and SureFire bezel.

I am curious though if that situation with LED drop-ins has been corrected along with the improvement of the FM bodies.

Thanks Mono, good to see you too!

FiveMega made the new single cell bodies with a larger pocket so that LEDs would fit. If it fits an SF body with little or no gap then it should fit the new bodies too. Also I asked nailbender to have his LEDs fit the New FM bodies. My Nailbender drop in fits with no gap at all in my 6P 3P and 1x18500.

"Got my 3p size body after some very very fast shipping and test fit it with my 6p's head and tail, and my Malkoff M61. There is almost no discernible gap. I also fit it with my M91 with the same results. I do not have my M31 yet but I will have to assume the results will be the same
+1 to Wonderlite for a smooth transaction" - clxxxvii

Have a look at user submitted photos at http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...he-New-Batch&p=4694434&viewfull=1#post4694434

Do you think we can make a new thread here on CPF so we can discuss the new batch of FiveMega products WonderLite sells on CPFM ?

Thanks again, Happy Holidays!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thanks for the link.

I'd recommend PMing Greta. If the topic is narrow and deals strictly with the gap issue being resolved, there's a good chance of that happening.

I know you can't possibly be making a killing providing those products for sale. But you've shown what can happen when an enthusiast has the desire and will to help out other fellow enthusiasts. Thanks to you, quite a few CPFers (especially those new to the community) have a chance to experience the quality of a SureFire light with the pragmatism of an excellent rechargeable set-up. I still have the FM 1x18650 body I ordered from you guys back a handful of years ago. Slapped a Z49 tailcap switch on one end and a Milky-modded Snake-Eyes build on the other. (Also a SureFire bezel.) The height is the same as a 9P. A great, if a bit odd-looking, 3-way combo. Thanks for still providing these custom bodies to the CPF community.

Happy Holidays as well. :)