Leef Bodies

Nite

Enlightened
Re: Leef Bodies in Stock!

"As far as I know, Leef is not involved with the creation of the other Surefire-compatable bodies on Lighthound.com"

"Hopefully, he has not retired for good this time. The two Leef bodies that I own are simply magnificent."
-snip edit-

"Few are willing to part with a Leef body, once they've snagged one. Due to that, it's nice to have an alternative."

I can confirm LEEFs non involvement in alternatives at lighthound.

I have to agree..I love my LEEF 2x18500.

I also wish I could get one mint or new LEEF 2x18650 in black.:anyone:I tried really hard to get one for a long time until I found an alternative. Thankfully the alternative pleased me. However I cant believe how long it took to get myself a 2x18650 body in black when I realized its what I needed.
I also prefer Holding a LEEF over a $urefire body. I think I will pass on comparing a LEEF body to other brands.

I also fear he has retired. He inspired me. his light saved me from being robbed and beaten or worse.:goodjob::thanks: A leef was my first rechargeable 18mm body. Bought after joining here. Gotta thank MDOCOD for letting me know that they existed via pm and in his guide.:twothumbs
I am also happy to see an alternative being sold at lighthound. Their customer service is unequaled.:clap:
I spend several hundred dollars there every month in addition to the several hundred I spend on CPF and CPFM...Somebody STOP ME!:broke:

I just had to agree with everyone.:thumbsup:
So far my shopping at CPF, CPFM. LightHound and now tacticalsupply has been awesome.

roadie

Enlightened
NOTE !!!

Hi guys, a note to be taken ....

the leef body is machined base on aw normal lion cells which i was told that aw 'normal' cells are slightly longer.

i got a 3 x 18650 leef body, was astonishe to find that after inserting the new imr cells, the imr fell short.

a spring / diy magnets has to compassite the 5/6mm difference in length.

:sick2:

Nite

Enlightened
Re: NOTE !!!

Hi guys, a note to be taken ....

the leef body is machined base on aw normal lion cells which i was told that aw 'normal' cells are slightly longer.

i got a 3 x 18650 leef body, was astonishe to find that after inserting the new imr cells, the imr fell short.

a spring / diy magnets has to compassite the 5/6mm difference in length.

:sick2:

I had the same problem with FM bodies...same solution..

problem not an issue using 16340, just 18650 for me.

please use some tape to make sure your magnets dont touch the lights innner body..the resulting short circuit will release tremendous amounts of power and heat..enough to start a car, but all at once.

collector

Newly Enlightened

:bumpit:

Interested in a single-cell (16340/18500/18650) Leef Body, C-M if available in HAIII nat.

:takeit:

Any more available ?

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Any more available ?

If you really want a Leef body, check Lighthound.com on a regular basis. Or, start a Want To Buy (WTB) thread over at the MarketPlace. You might get lucky and snag a used one.

roadie

Enlightened
i jus bought one more 3 x 18650 C - C body from lighthound :faint: ..... jus in case if leef will nvr make the bodies again .... :oops:

go get the bodies while stock lasts ...... :devil:

FredericoFreire

Enlightened
Does the 2 x 18650 leef body work perfectly with 2 x 17670? Is there any gap or difference on cells the lenght?

FredericoFreire

Enlightened
Lighthound is out of stock for 2x18650 C-C Black finish LeedBodys.

I've seen the Fivemega bodies, but I'm looking for a Leef one.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the knurling better on the Leef bodies but they are both quality products.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Good News and Bad news ~

For those who haven't noticed, yet...

Leef bodies are in stock at Lighthound.com

Bit surprised that a few are still in stock at this point.

Get 'em before they're gone again!

BTW, no C-C 1x18650 Leef bodies.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Good News and Bad news ~

I received my 2x18500 natural Leef body today from lighthound. Great! I´d love to get a 1x18500 oder 1x18650 in grey/natural, unfortunatelly these are long gone.

Eric

Nite

Enlightened
Re: Good News and Bad news ~

For those who haven't noticed, yet...

Leef bodies are in stock at Lighthound.com

Bit surprised that a few are still in stock at this point.

Get 'em before they're gone again!

BTW, no C-C 1x18650 Leef bodies.

MONO you tease!

AHh:mecry: they are the same bodies that are left over!:ohgeez: "still in stock"

No 2x18650 in black, which is why I do what I do now. Also the 2x18500 which I have in black is only available in natural. Yes there many LEEFs at LH still, but not the most popular models and colors. Some nice 3 cell models though.

I love my Black leef 2x18500:twothumbs

LEEF inspired me...my first custom body!

thank you LEEF!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Love my Black Leef 2x18500 too.

Yeah, the bodies have been in stock for awhile now. Figured I'd help out those who haven't been checking the hound on a daily or hourly basis.

The NAT. 2x18500 hasn't been available since the last run, a few months ago. I recall a couple of CPFers kicking themselves for not getting it. A matching Surefire bezel and tailcap in NAT. is a bit harder to find than in black. But for some, the tougher finish is worth it. I've seen a Leef-bodied 9P in NAT.; looked very classy. :)

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I myself missed out on the Leef bandwagon. I only recently found out about them. The best I did was get a natural 1x18500 body. The Leef bodies are great, I really like the machine work and finish on them. Nothing against your bodies Nite but the Leef bodies are much different. I do wish I could find a 1x18650 and a 2x18650 Leef body.