Leef Bodies

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Leef Bodies in Stock!

what the heck kind of D26 lamp do I put into this ? thats about 12 volts?

LeefBody C Tail C Head 3x18650

a good question......you would need a 13V lamp for this set-up.......if it was C tail M head then that would be more logical.......:shrug:

WE make an extender for their lights, this turns the Rattlesnake into a 3x 18650 light and uses the D36 LF 13V lamps made just for this power supply.

Last edited:

M.S

Enlightened

f it was C tail M head then that would be more logical.......:shrug:

Do you mean 1185 in KT4 head? I need something to run in my M3 (Z46), but I can't think of anything... I have stock body and the new AW batteries and leef 2x18650 incoming now. I think I have to go with MN11 and 18650:s?

Nite

Enlightened

Hardly. I have both, and there is really no comparison. Leef's tubes are a level of magnitude better, in construction, material, anodizing and appearance. I love FM's creations, and have dozens of them, but just speaking of the 2x18500 and 2x18650 knurled tubes, Leef's are far better products.

I already own a leef, but i missed fms sale!

could you please elaborate on why you think LEEFs are so much better?

is it personal preference or is there really some difference in grip, design weight, color, finish, performance, etc?

It would be so much easier of I had one of each to look at b4 buying more. Oh and I do want more! right now, but not for long, I have a choice of several LEEF or FM in "identical" cell size bodies.

Does anyone know where I can pickup a new or used CNC lathe? :grin2: and a metal shop teacher.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you mean 1185 in KT4 head? I need something to run in my M3 (Z46), but I can't think of anything... I have stock body and the new AW batteries and leef 2x18650 incoming now. I think I have to go with MN11 and 18650:s?

Don't know much about the SF M series (too hard to get and too expensive in AU, so I don't bother) but do know that people use 13V lamps in these combinations.......others care to comment?

Last edited:

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened

You could also use a Lumens Factory EO-M3.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

You would carry an EDC light to show off to the world with mismatched colored parts?

I dont know if that very hardcore good or very hardcore bad:faint:

Yes I would!

Before this current run, Leef supplied Lighthound with a much smaller run back in late April, I believe. I managed to snag a 2x18650, C-M body in black HAIII. Then got really lucky! (Another CPFer was parting out his stock SF M4 on the MarketPlace. I snagged every part, except the standard body. Put everything together, and ended up with one SWEET two-tone light! Black barrel + OD tailcap and crenellated head = My own, custom, Leef-bodied M4).

:twothumbs

donn_

Flashaholic

Gottem!

002-88.jpg

:thanks: Leef & Hound!

softfeel

Newly Enlightened

How come there are are no "LeefBody C Tail M Head 2x18500 Battery or 3x123 Battery"?

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are great products LEEF....!

I do wish you had a forum of you`r own so that we could buy straight of you and maybe convince you into doing customorders aswell....

I know time is a thing for people who`s got it but then again you have put a smile on so many of our faces it should be worth it.....?

I edited my post even further because of the simple fact that you have a lot of great ideas and products.....

Thanks....!

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic

The heads from Surefire L6, M3, M4 and M6 will fit the leef bodies with "M" head.

The heads from Surefire 6P, 9P, G2, G3, C2, C3, Z2, M2 etc. will fit leef bodies with "C" head.

You can add KL6 to the M-head list:

003-63.jpg

And you can add the KT1, KT2, SRTH and T-series turboheads to the C-head list.

DM51

Flashaholic

This is not a sale thread in the true sense - it is an information/discussion thread. It does not therefore belong in B/S/T, and I am moving it to Custom Builders & Modders. I'll leave a permanent re-direct.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Leef -- Huh?

Hi Leef, good to know you're getting back into the game. I hope you'll consider making more "grip" type modules or Leefgrips for the C series. Lighthound ran out of the black ones and I ended up buying his HA natural ones too. Also, I hope you would consider making more C tailcaps...I have a couple of the scalloped ones, but I think a new design should be in order. I'd think a tailcap desinged in the fashion that Lumapower uses for their M1 series would be a good idea...it allows tactical functionality combined with tailstandability without using the scalloping design. Anyway, hope you'll consider those kinds of projects when you fully jump back into this hobby. :thumbsup: :wave:

M1_tail.jpg

Hey guys, a quick note about all the great interest in my Leef parts.

I've been so busy with other (non-flashlight) things that I've just had no time nor energy to pursue the hobby like I used to. Unfortunately, this certainly was frustrating and annoying to Leef customers who wanted this part or that one, or had questions about the parts and their applications. I simply haven't had time to answer the PMs -- in fact, I went for months without even opening CPF.

Shame on me! :shakehead

Anyhow, I may (repeat may) be getting back to having time to reinvest myself in the hobby. In fact (as I recently posted), I sent a batch of Leef bodies to the Hound last week.

That said, I don't expect to be able to keep up with PMs, so I suggest you not use them, or not be too disappointed if you do and get a very late (or no) reply. This is absolutely nothing personal, it's just that my time and attention are very limited.

Shine on!

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

*steals Donns tailcaps and runs away......*

LOL.

That's horrible! Don't steal from donn.... But if you do, why would you leave behind the custom Leef bodies and the SF turboheads?? Come on, now. That's like breaking into a bank, just to steal the $5 bills. ;)

Monocrom

Flashaholic

What the heck, decided to get another Leef body anyway. It's not like they're always available. A few months from now, I'll be glad I did.

Went with the 2x18500 C-C Black HAIII body. Going to use it to put together a Leef-bodied 9P. Best part is, that configuration allows me to just swap out the two rechargeable cells (when they get too low) with three primary cells.

I love my Leef-bodied M4 (2x18650 C-M Black HAIII body) but have to swap out the 12v. SF MN61 with a 9v. LF EO-M3T, when I want to use two 18650 cells in it. With a Leef-bodied 9P, no need to swap out the lamp.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys, a quick note about all the great interest in my Leef parts.

I've been so busy with other (non-flashlight) things that I've just had no time nor energy to pursue the hobby like I used to. Unfortunately, this certainly was frustrating and annoying to Leef customers who wanted this part or that one, or had questions about the parts and their applications. I simply haven't had time to answer the PMs -- in fact, I went for months without even opening CPF.

Shame on me! :shakehead

Anyhow, I may (repeat may) be getting back to having time to reinvest myself in the hobby. In fact (as I recently posted), I sent a batch of Leef bodies to the Hound last week.

Well, I for one hope you don't completely switch gears. Went online yesterday to place an order with Light Hound and noticed once again your 18650 tubes were out of stock. I called the Hound and they told me they currently aren't expecting any more. :(

I've been eying one for a few weeks plus, but was waiting for something else to come back in stock before placing my order. Guess what...that item is now in stock...and the part I really wanted (Leef 18650 HA) is now out of stock.) :(

There definitely seems to still be interest! I for one am in line!

Anyone else interested?

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Well, I for one hope you don't completely switch gears. Went online yesterday to place an order with Light Hound and noticed once again your 18650 tubes were out of stock. I called the Hound and they told me they currently aren't expecting any more. :(

I've been eying one for a few weeks plus, but was waiting for something else to come back in stock before placing my order. Guess what...that item is now in stock...and the part I really wanted (Leef 18650 HA) is now out of stock.) :(

Leef bodies are like Autumn in October. They don't come around often. And when they do, better grab onto them; because they'll soon be gone.

Actually, I've done the same thing with orders that I've placed with Lighthound. But with Leef bodies, you grab those suckers the moment they become available!