Lens cover for Mag D cell lights...(PICS)

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lens cover for Mag D cell lights...

haven't forgot about you guys interested in seeing the Butler Creek Scope cover and if it works. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif the durn thing is just not here YET!! is was shipped USPS(parcel post i think) but still! this is getting ridiculous, it was supposively shipped last Monday and it was only coming from missouri. even IF it's not MidwayUSA's fault, im wondering why it cost over $6(i think $8 or $9) for Parcel Post on just a lens cover and SL Clipmate. i might be getting the lead versions of both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

FINALLY!!!!

came back from backpacking this weekend to find the package in my mailbox. well after playing around with my brother's Streamlight Clipmate to make sure it worked ok,:D i popped open the clamshell package that the scope cover came in immediately went and got my Lux III Mag 3D. drum roll.........

it fit's like a glove!!! it didn't slip on too easy but yet it wasn't impossible to put on either. it was nice and snug. it was as tight a fit as i would like without having to use some sort of lubricant. i pushed it down all the way on to where the inside ridge sit's on top/touches the bezel ring of the maglite. the covers covers/wraps around the bezel down to about 1/2-way covering the gripping grooves on the head.

BONUS: as a bonus, no more free advertising for M@glite (in light of their stubborness on improving the light output of their own lights instead of sueing other better yet smaller companies). the cover completely covers the laser engraving. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh yes, the lens cover itself snaps shut and with a flick/push of the thumb or any finger the cover springs open.

will post pics when i get a chance and will either post the link here or i may start a new thread.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

yep, should be able to get the pics taken tonight after i clear off my 120+ pics from my backpacking trip this past weekend. of course, with the way webshots has been working lately, there will probably be a delay in being able to view them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

okay, refer to original post. i took 12 pics and have uploaded them to my webshots account. give webshots some time to update if they are not showing up yet.

Thnx again to Ginseng for the suggestion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif