Light Humour - You Know You Are A Flashaholic When ...

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are so many funny ones, but when I read:
"... you go to AA meetings thinking there's free batteries"
I lost it!
Thanks for the humor xcel730.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When a custom Leef body becomes available on Lighthound and you snatch it up, despite being nearly broke. All because you know it won't be available when you can afford it. (Heck, you know it won't be available an hour later!)

And then you feel silly for only ordering a body tube..... so you order a high-end light and other odds & ends, and the price quickly climbs to over $250.

Yeah..... That was me. :eek:

Burgess

Flashaholic
First, thank you for adding the double-spacing. :thumbsup:

. . . . You go down the list (in post #1), and frequently say out loud: " Guilty "

Perhaps, you may even say: " Gee, what's wrong with that ? ! "

This one was my favorite:
... you go to AA meetings thinking there's free batteries

:lolsign:

_

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm fairly certain that the ~0.099394 terabytes value is almost a gigabyte.
Heh, you're quite right. And I actually went and googled it the first time, but then misread the result. There was something nibbling at me when I posted that, but I foolishly ignored it. :p

You are free to say "Fail" should you so desire. :p

Burgess

Flashaholic
You Know You Are A Flashaholic When . . . .

- Your Ultimate Dream Fantasy begins with the line:

" I was at the Playboy Mansion one evening, when the power went out. "

:devil:
_

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
I (loosely) remember this one from an older thread:

"... when your elektricity bill is cut in half because you keep switching off the lights in the evening, finding your way around the house with a flashlight"

And I am guilty of this one:

"When your list of Internet favourites called 'flashlights', is three times the height of your screen"

:wave:
Kees

john46268

Newly Enlightened
When you get that 'Tingly all over feeling' because UPS updated your package status to 'Out For Delivery' !

:candle:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Most of the things in the list are true about me!

I have another one for this thread:

You have to have the brightest version of the kind of light you are collecting (LED flashlights, hotwires, spotlights).

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you were watching the scene from the movie "DOOM" where the soldier is in the sewer, the monster is closing in, and his weapon light blinks off...

you start yelling at him

"Your BACKUP LIGHT!! GO FOR YOUR BACKUP LIGHT!!!!"

But of course he can't hear you and doesn't have one anyway :sigh:

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're a flashaholic when:

The holidays roll around, and all the gifts on your gift list are flashlights...again!

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
...the flashlights you retire are better than the ones in all of the local sporting good stores.
...you have a stockpile of batteries worth hundreds of dollars to run your lights worth thousands of dollars combined.
...none of your lights are used long enough to stop working before you buy better lights to replace them.

Buckeye

Enlightened
When someone asks how many total lights you have you say 5. Because if you told the truth they would think you were crazy.
They still ask...Why do you have 5 flashlights? You don't have the heart to tell them that you have 3, 4, 5, 9 on you right now. :nana:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup:some pretty funny ones here. I'll append it to my original post once I accumulate enough. Keep em coming.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me if there is anyone here at all who has watched Conan O'Brien and the "In the Year 2000" bit and did not ignore the comedy routine after noticing the off centered lamps and artifacts in the Maglite beams.

russthetoolman

Enlightened
LMAO FUNNY. I have tears running down my face at the truthfulness of these. Here is my add to this. You know you are a flashaholic when you buy a new bicycle just so you can ride at night with the new triple SSC headlight you built and blind traffic.
Thanks for the laughs!!!!!

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
russthetoolman:lolsign: I like it. I going to modify it a little bit and post it up later today or tomorrow and give you credits for it.

This reminds me of the one Diesel_Bomber wrote: You know you are a flashaholic when you buy a dog so you can walk your flashlights. That one was a classic.