Light LIke The Surefire T1A

wmirag

Enlightened
I gave away my beloved T1A about six months ago. I have been using my HDS Rotary since then. But, while I can't fault the HDS, it's just too big for my taste.

Tonight I decided to buy the "latest" T1A, in the hopes they'd increased the output and improved the tint. Instead I found they'd discontinued it!

I see there are a few left on Amazon. I guess I'll buy one of those UNLESS you guys can recommend a variable output light the same or smaller than the T1A, higher output, and equivalet quality.

I tried "search" but did not find a discussion on a successor for the T1A; so please don't flame me for not trying.

W.

wmirag

Enlightened
Gee, 109 visits but not a single reply! I figure that means there's interest but no good solution.

That settled, I went ahead and bought a new T1A from B&H at $174 delivered (with two CR123s).

I do wish SureFire had upgraded the emitter and continued production. But even at "only" 90 lumens and a slightly blue tint, the form factor of this "old" light *still* makes it the best EDC for me.

W.

archimedes

Flashaholic
SureFire Titan (T1 titanium CR2 version, not the aluminum T1A / CR123A) .... These two little torches are pretty unique, indeed - ;)

Last edited: