Light(s) you recently sold and why?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave a first generation Streamlight Microstream to a non flashaholic.

The light I gave away had a yellow hot spot surrounded by a bluish spill. The color difference made indoor use unpleasant because whatever surface or object I shined the light on looked stained.

I bought a new C4 version which is brighter and performs much better.

Danielight

Enlightened
I recently sold a ShiningBeam I-mini XP-G Neutral White to a co-worker who wanted to get a light for everyday tasks (walking the dog at night, etc.). Not that I didn't like the light, but I saw this as an opportunity to "upgrade" to something better. Ended up buying an EagleTac D25LC2 Mini R4/Neutral from illuminationGear.

benthiccracker

Enlightened
I sold a brand new in sealed package SureFire E2L Outdoorsman. I got it as a gift because the person knew I am a flashaholic. The problem was two-fold. One, I already had one. Two this one was an older one that I guess had been sitting in some display case FOREVER because it was a earlier version of the torch with a KX1 head instead of the higher rated KX2 or KX3 head. Beware when you go to buy something and you think you know what it is rated as! I really would love to find a KX3 that is not as expensive as the ones on SureFire's webpage. You can almost find a complete unit for that much ($150?!?). I may just stick it out until I get the mods done on my 6P then get a Z41 conversion on the E series (too cool). I also have a GSX Tactical that for now, is my EDC. OKAY, I think I went well beyond the scope of this thread!

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not sell my lights. Just donated them to CPF's Christmas gifts.

L0D-CE. I got a custom 2 stage Millermodded Arc AAA (much smaller, no blink modes, I get to pick my levels).

Dereelight CL1H V4 neutral. Bought the light to find out what the neutral is. Live downtown, don't go for walks in the woods. Too big for pocket carry, clip too tight for belt. After sitting on the shelf for 4 years (and charging up the batteries every few months) bye bye.

Quark MiNi AA2. Ordered a neutral version so let the cool blue go.

scrumpy

Newly Enlightened
Thinking of selling my Olight M21-X Warrior - cant stand the kickdown from 600 lumen to the 370. Bought it mainly for the 200L mid, and love the 600 high, but just dont understand why it has to auto-kickdown to 370 after 5 minutes, it never really gets warm unless run indoors which i'm sure most people dont do.

brianna

Enlightened
I would like to sell my Surefire E1B because the new EB1 is supposed to come out

brianna

Enlightened
I love the Surefire E1B. I am a latest and greatest chaser. 200 lumen's still on a single Cr123a battery with equal run time to the old model.

Seems like a win win situation, and I can afford it.

Ian2381

Enlightened
Solarforce L2t with WW XML and 2.8A driver among several other lights in my collection.
To fund a Surefire C2 Ha(Bored) purchase.

Will surely miss those lights but its a worth trade off.:thumbsup:

guardpost3

Enlightened
Just sold my 4Sevens X10. It was a great light, loved the form factor. There were two things that made me sell it.

1. Output/Throw. I was hoping for a little more of both. It did not throw as well as my Jetbeam M1Xv2 and was not any brighter than my Nailbender XM-L 3.1a dropin.
2. UI. The two modes were fine but the time it takes to memorize the mode is a crazy long 2 seconds. I could not get past that one.

I did think about modding it to direct drive, but then I saw the SWM V10r Ti+ up for preorder and had to grab one so the sale of the X10 eased my wallets pain just a bit.:broke:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave away an 80 lumen (nominal) 2AAA Snap-On LED pen light to an HVAC tech doing work at my home. The tail cap pushbutton switch was beginning to become unreliable and I had other pen lights I used more often.

curtispdx

Enlightened
I just sold a 6P, G2, and a 9P, all with various Malkoff drop ins. They were all terrific but I really want fairly simple lights that I can vary the output. (Yes, I've had various Malkoffs housed in the MD2 body with the high/low switch and they're nice but just not for me.) The lights that I think are keepers are my Surefire T1A, Surefire Invictus, Jetbeam RRT-0, and a Fenix PD31. (And if I had to narrow that list down to two, they'd be the T1A and Invictus, no contest.)

I've bought and sold MANY in the past few years because I got caught up chasing lights that were stupid bright but I concluded that they were huge, took too many cells, sometimes unreliable, and often ridiculously expensive. Then there were the three or so titanium lights that I bought that were crazy expensive too. (For me, titanium just didn't add much to justify the increased cost.) Then I had a love affair with incandescent lights that I've since sold/traded off. (I love the color rendition but I just can't live with the short run times.)

Still, no regrets. I've got to play around with some pretty nice torches, learned a LOT, and have interacted with some pretty nice people here on CPF.

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm this is a bit different for me. I needed money to fund some new toys. I have a few Surefires in my collection. Average for some, excessive for others. I came to the realization that I really only use a handful of them. Sure some of them are neat to have as a collectible but I am not enjoying using them. And the enjoyment of having it in my collection has worn away.

I sold:

SF Taurus C2 body w/ SW01 tailcap. One thing the helped me sell it is knowing that it is in high demand and I paid very little for it.
SF L1 red led. While nice, I dont need it. I have my Kroma and 4 Sevens RGB
SF 3P w/ water proof tailcap. I have simply never used it. Might as well let someone else enjoy it. Plus I have my 3BL if I ever want a 3P like light.

peterkin101

Newly Enlightened
I've been through a fair number of torches since 1991.

I will add those which I've given away to friends for favours done etc

These will be roughly in some order and I'll also give the reason.

Maglite 6 D Torch c/w MagNum star bulb-sold via eBay as I was a little hard up and needed the tenner it netted me overall.

MagLite MagCharger V2-Sold after 18 years faithful service on eBay. Bought a V3 almost instantly on eBay.

ASP Triad in Champagne-Great torch but ran on CR123A Cells. Given away to a friend for helping me move and not charging me.

ASP Triad in Black-Same as above.Intitally I missed my ASP Triad so baught another one. A few days later my Gas needed reconnecting and another friend helped me out. After much stubborness on Trev's part, he reluctantly accepted my offer, an 'as new, Triad

Maglite 3AA LED Torch in a Camo finish. LOVED it but my ex partners little grand daughter, Shaneeka asked for it. The ONLY one in the world who could prise that out my hands.

Docter-Optic Midi 125 4 x AA Incandescent torch. Gave for the time a great beam as it used an Aspheric lens and took the universal AA's. Sadly it was HOPELESS build quality, the casing came apart at random. And it also had a nasty habit of switching itself on whilst in my jacket pocket.

Maglite MagCharger V3-STUPID move, thought an Inova T4 would be a better option for me but it wasn't.

Inova T4-bought with a spare battery. The spare battery had an extra length of casing supplied with it. When joined with the main body,the overall effect was to produce a Baton.

Maplins own 5Watt LED Torch. Powered by THREE CR123A's this was a fair purchase for £49.95 back in 2005. My first venture into LED Torches. Good performance for its day.
It certainly wan't famed for its durability. Soft scratch-prone body.And three CR123A's...I hadn't learnt my lesson from my ASP Triad had I ? When the batteries went, I quietly sold it on eBay for about £8 back in 2009.

Duracell Tru-Beam 2D. Easily the WORST torch I ever owned. Beam was meant to be adjustable but in practice wasn't. AWFUL build quality and an even worse beam. Paid about £30 on eBay and sold it for less than a fiver. Even so was glad to be well rid!

Last edited:

lwknight

Enlightened
Me , I never sell anything. I need a bigger house.
Seriously, I have gifted some lights because I have more than 1 or plenty of better but only
to people that I think will appreciate the value and actually use it.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold a brand new in sealed package SureFire E2L Outdoorsman. I got it as a gift because the person knew I am a flashaholic. The problem was two-fold. One, I already had one. Two this one was an older one that I guess had been sitting in some display case FOREVER because it was a earlier version of the torch with a KX1 head instead of the higher rated KX2 or KX3 head. Beware when you go to buy something and you think you know what it is rated as! I really would love to find a KX3 that is not as expensive as the ones on SureFire's webpage. You can almost find a complete unit for that much ($150?!?). I may just stick it out until I get the mods done on my 6P then get a Z41 conversion on the E series (too cool). I also have a GSX Tactical that for now, is my EDC. OKAY, I think I went well beyond the scope of this thread!

I have that version and it is one of my favorite lights; it has fixed 40 lumen output and runs for a good length of time.