f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
what light or lights do you sleep with?

whether it be a keychain because it's small
or some tactical one for the spikey head
or a maglite , doubles as a weapon
or some Ti aaa, that you are in love with
or some superlow one, to navigate the house
or maybe it's just your newest light and you want to give it a warm welcome to the family.:popcorn:

concept0

Enlightened
I sleep with my G2/M60WLF and Regalight EDC modded with FluPIC v2.2 & Q3-5A by my bed.

However, my high-CRI P4 D20 might replace the Regalight when I receive it in a day or two...

Oh, and my M2X (5A version) will definately be kept by my bed once received!

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
6P with R2 drop in the event I need a bright light. And a Deree EDC C2H set for low for walking around.

Dont forget now my desk is within a few feet from my bed, so all my lighting needs are there. :twothumbs

My Solarforce L2 is always by my side these days. I love it.

My wife is also by my side. She is voice activated. I yell out, "Get the lights honey" and POOF, the whole room is illuminated. You ever see what a 100 watt bulb does to a room? Lights up like the sun. :naughty:

ugrey

Enlightened
I keep a SureFire G3 in case I am awakened and my eyes have not adapted to the dark. I do not want to blind myself. If I am already awake, I have a SureFire M4.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Presuming the query is not meant euphemistically, I typically have one or two Mags (of a '61, a P7, and an '85-candle (waiting for the reflector)) by the bed, and my EDC lights are usually in my pants beside the bed.

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
4d Mag with Malkoff drop in, but lately it has competition with the 2D Husky with the tactical bezel. These are dedicated bedside lights because of their martial applications, but most of my collection resides in my nightstand anyway.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Well this thread is a great relief! I wasnt sure if I was the only one that EDC'd a light even in bed lol. Well I always have either my Novatac 120T or Malkoff MD2 with a M30 (or M30WF) under my pillow beside the XD45 But no spikey bezels, ive got a waterbed! :poof:

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
I sleep with a Wee on a neckchain.

If I accidentally fall asleep, my U2 will join me too. But I usually find the U2 on a pillow when I wake up. Because I am to lazy to put it away when the large bezel wakes me up.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Most of my better lights are an arm's reach away in the bedside cabinet. I did fall asleep once while reading with a headlamp. :tired:

Geoff

Max Brightness

Enlightened
I like lights with a red led in addition to bright white if needed. I keep atleast 1 of the following on my night stand and I'll leave it on red overnight so i can find it.

1) Ra Twisty 85-Tr
2) Proton Pro
3) Surefire Kroma milspec (Red or Yellow-Green LEDs)

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
For a long time my Streamlight 3CXP with 3 Lith AAs (to make it a wee bit brighter) was my main nightstand light.

But now it's a Mag2D (3C) with an MC-E of rather pleasing tint and an 8 level driver. Push and release gets HIGH! Push and hold gets loooow.

But who am I fooling? Unless the power goes out I RARELY wake up for anything!

OH! And my Zebralight H30-Q5 always gets a bit of use before I go to sleep.

chibato

Newly Enlightened
D10. The lowest setting is perfect for trips to the bathroom, and its an easy transition to high to check those bumps in the night.