Limited Edition (RUN SOLD OUT): solid copper Alpha (or two tone w/ alu body)

easilyled

Flashaholic
Re: Limited Edition Run: solid copper Alpha (or two tone w/ alu body)

Wow! The light pictured in post #19 is drop-dead gorgeous. Magnificent work.

GLOCK18

Enlightened

WOW that light in post 19 is really nice, is that a 18650 battery design, are you going to make more like that one.

archer6817j

Enlightened

WOW that light in post 19 is really nice, is that a 18650 battery design, are you going to make more like that one.

#19 is a one-off custom. PM me if you are interested :)

It's the exact same size as the other Alphas (18650)

Otherwise, I have 8 solid copper lights available from the limited edition run (see the original post for photos)

Thought I'd post a shot of a "one-off" copper light I just finished :)

copper_pers-800.jpg

copper_trit-800.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

I wanted to view these pictures together, didn't think anyone would mind. I believe the second two were taken by easilyled, the proud owner.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

I wanted to view these pictures together, didn't think anyone would mind. I believe the second two were taken by easilyled, the proud owner.

Yes, indeed, I took the second two and hope that I managed to do some justice to this beautiful light.

Jason, you did a magnificent job and I'm very grateful. Many thanks. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

supersneeze

Newly Enlightened

Does anyone have any pics of there copper light aged a bit?

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

How easy or difficult is it to maintain a copper light, especially if it is lightly knurled and brilliant polished? I understand the material will get a unique patina over time but gosh, this is sweet and I would like to keep it this way for as long as possible...

DSC_0024.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic

How easy or difficult is it to maintain a copper light, especially if it is lightly knurled and brilliant polished? I understand the material will get a unique patina over time but gosh, this is sweet and I would like to keep it this way for as long as possible...

I agree with you. I'm trying to maintain the shine. :)

Its not difficult at all. I just keep on top of it by giving it a quick going over with a dab of metal polish every 1-2 weeks when I see tiny spots forming. (takes about a minute)

Same here. If I was fortunate enough to own a Maratac Cu and the Alpha Cu, I would polish the Alpha as often as needed to keep it brilliant, but the Maratac, which L@@Ks great new, I'ld let tarnish to the beautiful patina seen in this picture of member Sparky's Magic eight month old one.
I don't know why I'd polish one but not the other......Perhaps if I had two Alpha's, I'd let one tarnish and the other I'd only touch while wearing those little white gloves.

~ Chance
:thinking:

6798847584_8e9ee3c78c_z.jpg

Here is a new edition owned by member mhphoto.

1ae44e37.jpg

Last edited:

archer6817j

Enlightened

Does anyone have any pics of there copper light aged a bit?

The very first pic of the two-tone light has some minor tarnish. I actually have one that I've been holding for a friend that is quite tarnished, but not polished by carry. I'll try and remember to take a photo.

Also, I've started shipping the copper lights with a few squares of abrasive pad and a wad of Nevrdull so you can maintain the appearance. Of course the abrasive pad is only good if you have a brushed finish. The Nevrdull is amazing though. I used to use it for polishing print making plates. It's a cotton wadding loaded with some sort of "magic stuff" that literally just wipes the tarnish off and the copper looks brand new. Maybe I'll do a before and after on my buddy's light :)

If anyone has purchased a copper light and wants a little packet of Nevrdull I'll send you one. Of course you can buy an entire tin (lifetime supply) for about $10 including shipping. I just finished a tin I've had for about 10 years and it's still working fine. I bought two new ones for customer lights though :)

......I actually have one that I've been holding for a friend that is quite tarnished, but not polished by carry. I'll try and remember to take a photo..................Maybe I'll do a before and after on my buddy's light :)

Yes please, I would love to see them.

~ Chance

supersneeze

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the responses guys I actually like the patina that occurs. It reminds me of some steampunk antique. If you guys have any pictures it would really help me out. I plan to order an alpha in the near future :)

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK my fragile resistance are now broken...my first light from Jason will be the #8 copper one :hitit:

~no thanks to Chance & easilyled for the drool worthy pics~ :sigh:

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

OK my fragile resistance are now broken...my first light from Jason will be the #8 copper one :hitit:

~no thanks to Chance & easilyled for the drool worthy pics~ :sigh:

I'm flattered if my pictures helped. I can't remember the number of times I've bought lights after drooling at the pictures of other members. ;)

rasnum

Newly Enlightened

You will find that your interaction with Jason is second to none. The light will be amazing, the beam will be unreal. Money well spent.

Any chance that we could see a bigger/longer clip to balance the size of the 18650 tube?

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I won't mind a steel clip, so long as it is blued steel :thumbsup:

archer6817j

Enlightened

You will find that your interaction with Jason is second to none. The light will be amazing, the beam will be unreal. Money well spent.

Any chance that we could see a bigger/longer clip to balance the size of the 18650 tube?

Unfortunately the minimum for clips is about 100 pcs so unless there is a lot of interest...probably not :( I also think the material would have to be much thicker to resist the extra leverage and I don't know that it will fit properly but I can fool around with it.

onthelake

Newly Enlightened
If the last one (#9) has not been spoken for, I would like to close this series out.