LionHeart HA3 Now Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

gessner17

Enlightened
Finally made it here!!! I love it, great job Mr. Bulk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shannow

Enlightened
Just recieved my lionheart Friday 12am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif To have multiple brightness levels in such a tiny light is simply brilliant. The highest brightness level is blinding!
Thank you Mr Bulk and Merry Christmas!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Trev1960

Newly Enlightened
Big no-no, Rikvee!!!!!! This is exactly one of the reasons Charlie released it as a 150, so that people could not try and use 2 x 123.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rikvee - the LH is a direct-drive light... and putting 6V into an LED meant for 3.7v or so would mean magic smoke, plus the circuits would probably also start a nice fire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

easilyled

Flashaholic
I received #257 on Wednesday - Mine has a pure white beam and seems very bright - either I struck lucky or they're all excellent. I'm very impressed ...

So is everyone I show it too.

Thanks Charlie!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Actually easilyled, the point most may be missing here is that only a handful have posted negatively about beam quality, and there are nearly 500 LionHearts out there...perhaps we should think of it as a few have "struck UNlucky"...nevertheless, suffice to say the IMS 27.5mm reflector will not be used again in anything I do until I have assurances that QC has indeed been improved. Even a handful is too many.

On that note, I forgot to mention that VP Rhoads also offered to personally take a look at anyone's light who would be willing to send in their entire unit to him for inspection. I am sold out but this is open to anyone else, especially those who think their beams could be better. Let me know and I'll make arrangements with Greg.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
My artifacts aren't any worse than I had with a M@g.. and actually quite a bit better - it's just the hotspot isn't as 'smooth' about the edges as I'm used to, but the size more than makes up for any minor issues like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tech a Billy

Newly Enlightened
Got my LH's here in NJ. Really fine work Mr. B! I kinda like the beam the way it is.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Now I'm looking for the perfect pouch to carry it in. The QIII pouch fits but just barely. I wear a suit everyday, and I'd like something in black nylon that would completely enclose the light with no snaps or buckles showing.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Charlie, judging by other's comments, they're nearly all excellent - that's what I meant.

When I said I struck lucky, I meant more the tint which is such a nice white. (white as snow!) - although I'm sure you're using an excellent bin (TWOJ ?) which probably accounts for this - since I haven't seen any others I can't compare, but all I can say is that I'm very happy with mine so thanks for your craftsmanship and expertise

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks guys. Yes easilyled, it is indeed a TWOJ that was installed in all HA3 Nat's.

pathmd

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif I was so hoping my Lionheart would arrive today, especially since I'm leaving town for the next week. My mail just arrived consisting only of advertisements. I guess I won't see it until next year! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh well, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ledy

Newly Enlightened
#243 arrive @Ottawa/Canada on xmas eve. How cool is that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

As I unscrewed the head, the lense dropped on the table (2-4 inches) and chipped a little bit. It's not seriouc but I would like to know where can I buy replacement lense?

Excellent light.

bricksie

Newly Enlightened
#217 just arrived in Toronto, also on Christmas eve (Santa came early). Haven't had time to play yet, but looks great (except for the ding in the HA near the serial number). Got to go to Charlie's site to download the interface PDF...

Status
Not open for further replies.