• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHearts Will Ship Very Slowly...*sob*

loalight

Enlightened
I could post a load of pix.. i took a few /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

online, they are available at www.microtechknives.com for $15, I think. It has a simple crossed loop arrangement to allow both carry options- and you have to take the belt off to put it on or change it. The thicker/stiffer the belt, the tighter the fit.

oh yeah, the knife (with sheath) I purchased at 1sks.com .

loalight

Enlightened
Well, here are pix. I salvaged parts from old keychains to make the lanyard- the cord fit *perfectly* in one of the slots. The knot is also handt for indexing the button in the dark. Hopefully the sheath pix will show you whether or not it's the solution for you...

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif

best,
loa

BVH

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Then again the New-World craftsmanship (they are also handmade, at least from the maker I'm going with) of Kydex offers good benefits as well, won't wear like nylon carriers and relies on custom molded friction fit to hold the protected item in place. So, I am asking two separate entities to offer either/or for folks to carry their LionHearts with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie, anything further on your sources for custom leather LH sheathes?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
BVH, Britt (BC0311) is handling this through his friend's company, Backroom Leather. Completely custom sheaths and holsters made to order.

I had to cancel the Kydex project because I was contacted by Concealco Holsters at very good pricing, but then it turned out they would prefer I buy and resell them myself which is not in the cards for me. I am not a vendor or reseller and it would take away all my time from playin' around with lights. A bigger bucket of water that helped to put out that fire of an idea was the fact they would Also sell them on their own website. So it's a no go right now.

But if you want custom-cut and stitched real old-world leather craftsmanship, made exactly to your size and specs, contact Britt. I have several examples that fit the VIP, LH, INOVA X1, Super Baby Pin, etc., and have been remiss in not taking the time to photograph and post them. Beautiful pieces of work!

BVH

Flashaholic
Charlie, thanks a million for the lead! Absolutely please do not get into the accessories business - I want more of your fantastic light creations!

By the way, did you take that vacation yet? We all want you well rested so you can work on that next creation.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
BVH, I replied to your PM and a couple of others. Your ideas for features would make for a very versatile rig, mine are pretty simple in contrast. You might want to contact a custom leather worker and work out your design with him.

The sheathmaker has one of my LHs. He just got it. I'm ordering a few holsters/sheaths in two models.

I figure it'll be mid-January before the prototypes are ready. Then another month for the completion of my order.

I'm waiting for some information from him before I know how many copies I will order for certain. At this point it will probably be 5 Duty models and 20 Urban Prowler models (excluding my personal holsters).

After my order is filled, he will take orders from individuals for custom sheaths or for the models I have ordered.

The LH logo stamp has been ordered, he should have it in a couple of days. I don't know if it will be suitable or not, I'm waiting to hear and see.

I'll post photos when I have the completed holsters in hand and will put them up for sale on C&M BST a short time afterwards.

I'll be buying all of these and reselling them. The little bit of profit will be to cover the 4 complimentary holsters going to some well deserving CPFers.

Anyone associated with the HAT will get first shot on the sheaths at my cost plus shipping. These guys deserve so much more.

As is proper, Charlie gets the first copies of the custom sheaths. One Duty and one Urban Prowler, complimentary.

Ron Ryder is a one-man shop. Everything is done by him and done the old fashioned way. He cuts the leather by hand with a knife. So, this isn't a mass or even quantity production leather shop. He still considers himself someone who works in leather as a hobby....kind of like Mr. Bulk.

He'll spend the next couple of weeks playing with ideas and get down to making patterns and cutting around the end of the year.

I'll start a thread on this on the H&M forum when I have some answers and am more confident of when they will be available.

Britt

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Raggie, Bindi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I mailed a sheath or flashlight or both to someone in Asia and they said when they opened the box it smelled like cigars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif LOL.

Since I will probably be out of the country when they arrive and will have a trusted ally box them up and ship them. Hopefully, the buyers will open their packages and just smell that fresh, veggie tanned and drum-dyed leather.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought you smoked cigars Britt. Maybe I was wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

BTW Raggie is now an ancient squirrell!

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Britt - what's the pricing on those again, for the 'Urban Prowler' and 'LEO' styles?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bindi, I do smoke cigars on occasion. That's why if someone else does the packing and shipping in a smoke free environment, they won't smell like cigars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Maybe I'll have 'em smear a dab of saddlesoap and a dab of Neatsfoot oil on the inside of the box to round out the potpourri. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Haesslich, I still don't know exactly what they will cost me, that's why I'm not putting up prices.

They'll cost alot more than nylon or kydex sheaths, 4-6x as much atleast. Each one is handmade. The VIP holsters cost $70.00 each. The UP will cost less than the Duty.

That's why I'm having few made. There won't be that many who will want to shell out $45 to $70 for a custom leather holster for their light.

Britt

I like that little character Scrit and his misadventures with storing Acorns during IceAge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marcspar

Enlightened
Britt,

They are expensive, but the one you had Ron make for my VIP (which happens to also "magically" fit the Lion Heart) is a great example of fine leatherwork.

Even the insides of the snaps are covered in leather so nothing can get scratched. Ron could teach those at Coach a few things about using quality leather.

If you want a sheath that will last and age well - look no further!

Marc

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Marc. Yeah, that's cool how that turned out. I carry my LH in a VIP Bushwhacker like yours.

I've never lost or damaged a light or knife carried in one of Ron's sheaths...and I've fallen in holes, stumbled over roots, careened through bushes and suffered full bodydunks in some nasty places. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Also, I can't abide that S-K-K-OOOOO-RRCCHHH!!!!! of velcro in the boonies or in the 'burbs.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Britt - if the pictures look good, I think you won't have any problem finding buyers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Myself included... especially if the sheath is lined and protects the light well.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it doesn't, I'm heading to the Post Office to see if it went there Friday. :p

If it hasn't gone there, anyone want to join me on a raid on Customs in Vancouver? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The post office would have your gang tagged instantly. "Raiding the post office today was an unruly mob with really bright lights and white beams ingnoring the Christmas Maglites."

EDIT: "...and they were arguing about tint."

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe they're holding the light because Charlie accidentally left a package of Macadamia nuts inside? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Latest posts