List of reputable battery retailers?

alabamaXL

Newly Enlightened
I searched all over this site, but couldn't find a list of trusted sellers of lithium (and other) batteries. I've used battery junction in the past, wondering if people have other sources they can recommend?

electronics suppliers like mouser/digikey/Newark all have coin cells for very cheap, and nimh for not so cheap.

have people here used 18650batterystore.com imrbatteries.com or any others and consistently gotten quality product? If we already have a list of trusted suppliers, please direct me to it!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Threads of this sort are discouraged, as they tend to attract inappropriate advertising / spam / arguments / cheers / jeers and other miscellany (some of which should be located elsewhere, and some of which is unwanted altogether)

archimedes

Flashaholic
I will add, without links or a list of specific sellers, that battery authenticity is a serious concern in retail channels.

If you want genuine products, it is best to purchase directly through authorized and approved distribution chains.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would it be appropriate to ask for help in finding battery retailers that can ship to Republic of Ireland?
I am having trouble finding anyone willing to ship here because of postal restrictions - not even UK stores!

So far, I have found that Olight UK can ship here but that's all.....
Any help appreciated because while I do have access to vape shops they only seem to stock unprotected cells.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no list as far as I m aware but I will second what Archimedes said.

I will say on that note... don't cheap out on batteries and stay away from e*ay and a**z*n... way too risky

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would it be appropriate to ask for help in finding battery retailers that can ship to Republic of Ireland?
I am having trouble finding anyone willing to ship here because of postal restrictions - not even UK stores!

So far, I have found that Olight UK can ship here but that's all.....
Any help appreciated because while I do have access to vape shops they only seem to stock unprotected cells.

I ll pm you as I m in Europe currently. From there you can email me.

parametrek

Enlightened
I keep a list of all of the li-ion battery vendors in the US and europe that various communities (flashlight ebike vape etc) trust. But I guess I can't share it.

archimedes

Flashaholic
There is no list as far as I m aware but I will second what Archimedes said.

I will say on that note... don't cheap out on batteries ....

Wise words :)

I ll pm you as I m in Europe currently. From there you can email me.

PM is fine, we just don't want to give any impression of an "official" CPF list

I keep a list of all of the li-ion battery vendors in the US and europe that various communities (flashlight ebike vape etc) trust. But I guess I can't share it.

I believe that is already linked through your sigline, which is fine, thanks

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

alabamaXL

Newly Enlightened

do you mind sending me a PM with this list? I'd be interested to see, even if others find it unhelpful.

alabamaXL

Newly Enlightened
I got a response from one seller (not amazon/ebay) and they told me date code on the batteries that I'm interested in is 4/2019... I guess I'll give it a shot and see how they are. unfortunately most of the battery makers don't seem interested in making it easy to find authorized distributors, since they don't want us "consumers" or hobbyists buying unprotected cells in the first place.