LOD CE head fits new Steamlight Microsteam body (tactical switch)

T45

Enlightened
Something I wanted to clear up: is this MOD for the Streamlight Stylus Pro version I, ie, the one rated at 24 Lumens? I have the new version rated at 48 Lumens and the head and barrel look to be one piece.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Something I wanted to clear up: is this MOD for the Streamlight Stylus Pro version I, ie, the one rated at 24 Lumens? I have the new version rated at 48 Lumens and the head and barrel look to be one piece.
This is the second report of this that I have came across. If so, it would be a shame - I dearly like my two 'hybrid' lights in this thread: 1xAAA and 2xAAA.

Perhaps the value of the first versions might even increase - doubling the output of the Streamlight head is nowhere near as useful as the three good modes of the LD01 et al. heads IMO, paired with the forward-clicky of the SL bodies.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another convert reporting :D

I had a MS rolling around the bottom of my draw for a while. I remember buying it a while ago
and noting that the emitter was off-center. The resulting beam was terrible.

I just noticed this thread today and decided to have a go at cracking the head off.
Rubber gloves, did not work. Strap wrenches kept slipping. In the end I used a
butane torch. Now that worked (always does :D ). I did not think the head would survive
but it did and somehow the emitter seems to have centered itself as well :thinking:

Just ordered a LD01 from Fleabay, I'll post back when I complete this little project

soloz2

Newly Enlightened
Do the current microstreams work for this mod? I have an LD01 and I'd like to add a clicky switch.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Do the current microstreams work for this mod? I have an LD01 and I'd like to add a clicky switch.

The latest revision of the SL MS (the one with the bi-directional clip) has a one-piece front end, so those won't work unfortunately.

Its unfortunate that this cool mod will fade out with supplies of the older version - the supplier 'pipelines' have had the newer version only for quite some time now.

My local gunsmith has a 'transition' model that has the bidirectional clip and the replaceable rear clicky switch, but has the older two-piece front end - AFAIK this is an unusual variation.

soloz2

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of any vendors I can order the older style from? I did just post a WTB thread over on the marketplace. Hopefully someone knows where I can get one or has one they aren't using.

Thanks for saving me $17 I was going to order one from amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ozner1991

Enlightened
had an 09 microstream and tried rubber innertube with 2 pipewrenches, only damaged the light, then tried the hoseclamps and it worked flawlessly but now i filed down to much from the body and im stuck with a useless light eitherway... careful modders

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Someone needs to create a smiley gremlin with the meaning, "You $#@#, you just cost me money!". Maybe a smiley holding an empty wallet or something.

:) :)

Here ya go...
1493668127-_Money_Notes_Smiley.gif-c200.gif