looking for 1x 123 w no mode memory

Kamin_mvk

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

as the title says - Im looking for a 1x 123 light with NO mode memory.
My favorite interface is something along the lines of a quark or perhaps a thrunite TI2 .... no mode memory and easy access to turbo (a simple head twist with the quark) comes on in moonlight, or (as in the case of the TI2) mode memory that only lasts for a brief time.

Ideally I would like something about the size of an Olight S1 ..... actually I really WANT an S1, but if i understand correctly the olight UI wouldn't be along the lines of what I'm after.

thanks for any ideas you can provide!

Kamin_mvk

Newly Enlightened
since Ive no bites with the initial post: anyone care to offer opinions on the S1 vs eagletac D25C? (the two lights I'm considering at the moment unless there are others out there I should look into)

I know the eagletac has more modes/ability for the user to set things, but I have zero experience with them.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd take the Eagletac over the electronic switch S1.
Just a matter of personal preference as to the switch, appearance and UI. I had two D25s and always kept the heads tight for instant access to high, if I wanted low I just twisted the head a bit.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Zebralight interface is pretty much what you want I think.

Press on for high at whichever level you set and press-hold for low at the level you set.

It can be more complicated but does not have to be and will do the same thing every time if you do.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark Pros are still has my favorite UI for similar reasons, but I use the thread play work-around for single-handed momentary access to Turbo (eg, ability signal Morse code between Turbo and any lower mode in use). Nothing else can do this as well, and the low>max>low sequence is my most often used outdoors.

I have D25As and Olight S15s (not the CR123 versions, but believe the UIs are the same) and much prefer the mechanical clicky D25A. It's loose tight bezel UI is very similar to the Quark Pro, and it has a wonderfully short 1 sec reset so a long half press always takes you back to low. I still don't like using 2 hands, and so rather double half press for high, and long half back to low, for a L>H>L sequence - it's very fast. You can of course twist the same as a Quark for Turbo, but the D25s will always revert to the lowest mode in loose bezel (Quarks revert to last used) and if you access Turbo 3x fast, you will enter programming mode.

Except for HDS, I find most electronic clickies to be painfully slow with the low>max>low sequence and I've unfortunately have had the most problems with them.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark Pros are still has my favorite UI for similar reasons, but I use the thread play work-around for single-handed momentary access to Turbo (eg, ability signal Morse code between Turbo and any lower mode in use). Nothing else can do this as well, and the low>max>low sequence is my most often used outdoors.

I have D25As and Olight S15s (not the CR123 versions, but believe the UIs are the same) and much prefer the mechanical clicky D25A. It's loose tight bezel UI is very similar to the Quark Pro, and it has a wonderfully short 1 sec reset so a long half press always takes you back to low. I still don't like using 2 hands, and so rather double half press for high, and long half back to low, for a L>H>L sequence - it's very fast. You can of course twist the same as a Quark for Turbo, but the D25s will always revert to the lowest mode in loose bezel (Quarks revert to last used) and if you access Turbo 3x fast, you will enter programming mode.

Except for HDS, I find most electronic clickies to be painfully slow with the low>max>low sequence and I've unfortunately have had the most problems with them.

I get the impression though that the O.P. does not want to heave to mess with any of that?

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all,

as the title says - Im looking for a 1x 123 light with NO mode memory.
My favorite interface is something along the lines of a quark or perhaps a thrunite TI2 .... no mode memory and easy access to turbo (a simple head twist with the quark) comes on in moonlight, or (as in the case of the TI2) mode memory that only lasts for a brief time.

Ideally I would like something about the size of an Olight S1 ..... actually I really WANT an S1, but if i understand correctly the olight UI wouldn't be along the lines of what I'm after.

thanks for any ideas you can provide!

The S1 may actually work for you. There are shortcuts to both high/turbo and moonlight from off where the memory doesn't come into play.I am not a huge fan of memory modes myself but the S1 works pretty well for me. The new Smini has the same shortcuts for high and moonlight but works differently otherwise just to let you know that the 2 lights are not the same. I greatly prefer the UI of the S1 over the Smini or my Zebralights. The memory on the S1 remembers whatever mode you set it on and I use my S1 essentually as a 3 mode light.
  • Press and hold = moonlight
  • Single click = memory mode (whatever level you leave it set at except moonlight wich is only accessible through the shortcut)
  • Double click = high/max

Last edited:

Kamin_mvk

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for the insight!

I suppose i may just have to pick up both the eagletac and the olight right now..... I suppose there are worse things out there than having another light!

New up I WAS going to look into replacing my current thrower with something that has more output, but I may end up checking out the ZebraLight that @AVService was mentioning

Danielsan

Enlightened
Klarus xt1c. Instant turbo and instant low mode, no memory, bright, small, good throw for the size, two way clip, double switch, one gives instant turbo, the other instant low