Looking for 1xAA with low, strobe, and some kind of warning that battery is low

Vermonter73

Enlightened
I'm interested in getting a few 1xAA LED flashlights for emergency/backup use.

Requirements are:
A good low that will last a long time
Strobe
Doesn't shut off suddenly when battery is low. Either a blink warning, or just dimming is fine, but I need some warning.

I'd also like to find headlamps with the same qualities.

Any suggestions? Thanks

lightjunction

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in getting a few 1xAA LED flashlights for emergency/backup use.

Requirements are:
A good low that will last a long time
Strobe
Doesn't shut off suddenly when battery is low. Either a blink warning, or just dimming is fine, but I need some warning.

I'd also like to find headlamps with the same qualities.

Any suggestions? Thanks

The Nitecore Explorer EA1/EA2 has what you're looking for, I think. Red LED indicates battery level when you use a primary. If you plan on using rechargeable...it looses the power indicator feature. I've done some beam shots and a demo video if you want to see some more details.

Light Junction Jeff

tonkem

Enlightened
Might also consider Zebralight Sc80. Has strobe and does a stepdown when battery begins to get low. Won't leave you in the dark. And runs on aa or 123 without an external adapter. Very good run times on both.... and can be had in Warm/Hi CRI/ or Cool white.

For your headlamp, consider Zebralight H502, as long as you are ok with all flood. Great light.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like FourSevens Quarks and Zebralights for general use and emergencies. Few hundred hours runtimes per AA on their moonlight modes with enough light for me to most anything I need to.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
The LRI Proton PRO would meet the needs. It has adjustable brightness, strobe modes, and a secondary red led that can be used for even lower low and also comes on alongside the white when battery is low.

Latest posts