Looking for a new spotlight .. help please

scar556

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys ... I'm in the market for a handheld spotlight .... What do you guys and gals suggest? .. of course the brighter and further the beam goes, the better
Thanks for any and all help

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys ... I'm in the market for a handheld spotlight .... What do you guys and gals suggest? .. of course the brighter and further the beam goes, the better
Thanks for any and all help

That's a very broad request, you need to state the range of your budget to spend, high / low. Your available funds will greatly limit your options. Also, are you wanting HID, LED or Incandescent ?
You should answer these questions before you can get meaningful answers to your original question. You could spend less than $100 up to a few thousand dollars based on the way your question is stated.

scar556

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to keep it under $200 ... As far as LED HID,etc... I dont know ... That's what I'm here for .. I would assume that a LED model would not burn through batteries as fast .. but are LED spotlights/ searchlights any good?
Thanks

tonkem

Enlightened
You might want to talk about what you are wanting to light up and how far. There are some smaller LED lights like the Olight M2X that will throw pretty well, for a reasonable price, but you can also look at the HID lights that will throw further, but also cost quite a bit more dollars.

Depends on what you want to light up, and how much of it you want to see once it is lit. Some of the throwers are all throw, and others have a good amount of spill. I would consider more floody lights, as well, but you need to know how far away you want to see.

scar556

Newly Enlightened
I've started looking into long throw led flashlights .. some of them claim to reach out to around 1000 meters ... This will probably work well for what I'm doing (checking on cattle on a 200ish acre lot , but also have seen several coyotes on the property lately, so I might have to deal with them)

tonkem

Enlightened
Might check out Going gear youtube channel. The M3x from olight claims to go out 1000 meters, and is fairly reasonable.

ven

Flashaholic
Out of the box LED thrower, check the thrunite tn42 out, would say this has it covered within reason. Bare in mind, much past 4 or 500m your going to need binoculars to stand a chance of making something out. Of course a light that is rated at 1500m will throw more light on something 500m away than a light that is rated for 1000m. Go big with 200 acres, you can always knock down a mode or two when you dont need the full output.
:)

scar556

Newly Enlightened
I read through most of that ... What a great review ..
I'm sold .. I will be ordering soon