Looking for my first single CR123A EDC Light

sal

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I'm looking to buy a single cr123a flashlight as my primary edc light and I'd love some advice.
I have a couple AA lights that I've been using (Eagletac D25A Clicky XML, and Maratac AA -I think it's XR-E) and I like them both a lot, but I'd like to try out the extra power of a 123 light.

My requirements would be:
-A good pocket clip
-Slim or decently slim profile
-Clicky operated
-XML or XP-G (I'm on the fence whether I want a floodier or tighter beam...)
-And I think I'd like for it to be compatible with rechargeables in case I decide to go down that road.

Thanks so much for your help!
Sal

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's possible that your current lights can already give you extra power, if the light is compatible with the 3.7v Li-ion 14500 battery. The Eagletac is, but the specs say that you'll loose all modes except high and low.

I like my Sunwayman V11R for a 1 CR123 light. Zebralight also has some small CR123 lights, and 4Seven's lights are said to have great clips. Eagletac's D25 series should also be worth a look.

Ishango

Enlightened
Pretty much the same advice Gunner12 already gave. The Eagletac D25C (though you already have the D25A) is a very nice and very bright light (using XM-L). The new Olight S10 Baton is also a very nice CR123A light (I bought them both recently and they became immediate favorites). The Sunwayman lights are nice as well (carry a V10R quite often as well).

STR

Newly Enlightened
I like the D25C I own a lot when using the regular lithium batteries at 3.0 volt ratings. I've been using the Powerizer camera batteries in it and it is perfect at the medium setting here using these lights. High is extremely high and low is probably going to be deemed too low. It seems 5 out of 6 people I show it to agree without prompting that low is too low on the D25C. It comes on in low each time in Group 2 setting mode of the twist bezel. A simple touch and it is medium, another and it is high, twist the bezel it steps that up even a bit more for you and is quite impressive for a 3 volt bat. The 3.7 volts really brighten it but no medium, at least not on my light. I get the low first off when I turn it on but lightly tap for med you get high, tap again you get high. I do not know if this is normal, or not and have not researched it. Otherwise the light is quite good and for early morning movement around the house when it is still dark outside I do find the low to be perfect and even outside on the new moon it was impressive with low and honestly there is no hiding out with the high! The thing lights up the block about like the D25A twisty in titanium that I also own. These are the two brightest lights I own both EagleTacs using the XMLU2. The button for the clicky glows in the dark by the way. The pocket clip is excellent and perpahs the best out there next to one from a custom light. I make clips and I like the clip on the EagleTacs best of all I've owned in the way of lights which at this point is getting to be a list about comparing to my knife collection. The best light for the money in CR123 is hard to pin down. I like the run times I'm getting from the EagleTac lights. They seem to be pretty good at stretching batteries out longer but then I am comparing them to my JetBeam PA10 which is a battery eater big time. It runs down a fully charged 3.7 in about 20 minutes. Anyway, the EagleTac D25C in titanium seems solid to me. It carries well in the pocket and weighs in with a battery installed to be a total weight of 1.9 ounces according to my postal scale. Hope that helps.

JVHooligan

Newly Enlightened
Following this post for input. Any experience with the NiteCore Multi Task Series MT1C?

John

cuff46

Newly Enlightened
Well, I finally decided on the Sunwayman V11R with the neutral white led. Then, being a sucker for a good deal, I saw the special Thrunite was having, so ordered a T20 and got a free Ti aaa with it for $30.