Low profile Helmet light with XPE leds (picture heavy)

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
A bit of an update on this project .
I have tidied it up a bit and had some CNCed

XPELIGHT034-1.jpg

XPELIGHT036-1.jpg

The housings are for sale and cutters are doing a kit to fit in which consists of
6 XPE R2 leds on boards
6 carclo 10 mm square optics
1 Maxflex 3

Kit here

details on the housing is here

Trout,

This is very elegant, sexy, and amazing. Nicely done. BTW inquiring minds would love you see a 'off the chain' model for beeps & giggles with a double roll for a total of 12 LED's just for pics and uber :naughty: factor. I'm still drooling.

trout

Enlightened
Cheers Zero-enigma
I have thought about it , also Zmonit suggested if the fins were dovetaited then they would slot together

I want to do beam shots with 2 or 3 of them but never seem to have more than 1 built at any time .

ifor powell

Enlightened
Not anything like as bling is Trouties light but pleanty of punch...

P1020776.JPG

I think you can drill and tap Trouties housing for a bar mount, there is a thinker bit centraly on the bottom specificaly for it I belive.

Ifor

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
Cheers Zero-enigma
I have thought about it , also Zmonit suggested if the fins were dovetaited then they would slot together

I want to do beam shots with 2 or 3 of them but never seem to have more than 1 built at any time .

Please!! As the Nikey slogan says 'JUST DO IT!". I just need 1-2 mins video of that with the max output to get my fills. :poke: lovecpf:hitit::grin2:

trout

Enlightened
very nice light trout! :D

When do you think you will have the bar mount option available?

Cheers Merkaba
Ifor was correct there is a centre piece in side which is for a tapped hole
I am just waiting for some mounts then I can show one fitted

XPELIGHT053.jpg

Zero I have one built and 2 more ordered so will delay sending them out
and do the beam shots :devil:

kombiman

Newly Enlightened
Im awaiting the more instructions on your site but keen as mustard!lovecpf

jsalbre

Newly Enlightened
How would someone go about ordering one of these lights from you, and what would the cost be? Thanks!

Jeremy

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it is a little confusing .
you can do the build up for £120 or 140 euro
the kit from cutters is approx 70 euro shipped
the grey anodised housing is again approx 70 euro shipped

all you then need is a mom switch and power socket to match battery.
some AAA and Silicon and That is it

Yes I can do the odd custom build , but it is primarily a hobby that funds itself

loads of pics of stuff here

A bit of an update on this project .
I have tidied it up a bit and had some CNCed

The housings are for sale and cutters are doing a kit to fit in which consists of
6 XPE R2 leds on boards
6 carclo 10 mm square optics
1 Maxflex 3

Kit here

details on the housing is here

How would someone go about ordering one of these lights from you, and what would the cost be? Thanks!

Jeremy

:welcome:

jsalbre

Newly Enlightened
Thanks lumafist, I saw the link to Cutter but missed his comment on the price of the housing. :)

My real question though was how much would trout charge for a complete built set? I'd love to order the parts and do it myself, but with my schedule lately it could take forever for me to find time to do it.

Also, what kind of battery pack are you using with yours and what runtimes are you getting from it?

Thanks!

Jeremy

trout

Enlightened
Thanks lumafist, I saw the link to Cutter but missed his comment on the price of the housing. :)

My real question though was how much would trout charge for a complete built set? I'd love to order the parts and do it myself, but with my schedule lately it could take forever for me to find time to do it.

Also, what kind of battery pack are you using with yours and what runtimes are you getting from it?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

A complete light head is £165 plus PP for an anodised one

it draws 1 amp on full power and needs a 14.4volt pack so your runtime is in hours what your pack is in amp hours.

and on low it draws lots less for longer runtimes.

Where abouts in the world are you

jsalbre

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the US, Texas so be specific.

Your price certainly sounds decent for the design and obvious quality. Impressive work BTW.

trbdck

Newly Enlightened
This is a very, very nice build. In my opinion it has the possibility to beat any commercial solution. The low profile is something that is lacking with most commercial lights, which seem to favor a big round shape. I have my own project for next season, but I´m almost ditching it for this :D But then I would lose a lot of fun building my own :(

trout

Enlightened
This is a very, very nice build. In my opinion it has the possibility to beat any commercial solution. The low profile is something that is lacking with most commercial lights, which seem to favor a big round shape. I have my own project for next season, but I´m almost ditching it for this :D But then I would lose a lot of fun building my own :(

Thanks for the commments

You could just get one of the housings and build it up your self then you have fun of the build too:grin2: