Lumintop GT micro unresponsive

rycen

Enlightened
I'm wondering if anybody else has this problem. This started after charging the battery for the first time. Ramping works fine but when I double click for turbo it blinks twice and becomes completely unresponsive until removing the battery.

rycen

Enlightened
Interesting. It could be the protection circuit kicking in. Just strange that it worked the first time without issue. Thanks

LED Monkey

Enlightened
I don't have the Lunentop GT Mini but if you know the amp draw for turbo mode and if you know what the battery's continuous discharge current amp rating is, you can see if the battery has enough power for turbo mode. I usually try to use a battery that is above the amp draw and not just the same rating. You may have already thought of this idk.
Q30/VTC6/HG2 may be some cells to look for.

Last edited:

LED Monkey

Enlightened
I just realized I was thinking the GT mini and not the GT micro, 18650 vs 14500 batteries. It looks like the purple Efest 650mah cells are rated at 6.5a max cont. discharge. I would think they could handle the amp draw on the Lumentop GT micro.
But I don't know exactly what that is. Or what the op is using in his GT micro.

daffy

Enlightened
Turbo is 2.7 amps but mine is a vn light so likely more, using 14500 that puts out 6 aH
continuous will get turbo but anything under that max. ramp only.

rycen

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I ordered the Shockli right after it was suggested but they still haven't shipped yet. Checking into Efest now.

marcelo_schmi

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering if anybody else has this problem. This started after charging the battery for the first time. Ramping works fine but when I double click for turbo it blinks twice and becomes completely unresponsive until removing the battery.

I usually try to use a battery that is above the amp draw and not just the same rating. You may have already thought of this idk.