Lummi Lab's

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got to see the video - that is a superb UI, Rob.

All power to you to get these going into a production line. Huge improvement to an already fantastic torch.

Well done Sir.

Course I meant to say Flashaholic magnet.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great stuff Rob, I think you will havw to offer the VBC in all your lights!

Nice to see you getting some time for R&D, even better that you a sharing it with us...

I'm really looking forward to what will come out of the Lummi lab (s?) over the next few months.

I'm crossing my fingers for a CR2, XPG, with VBC, ASAP OK?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light looks awesome... But could someone go into detail what exactly quantum tunneling is? My attempts of searching the Internet have failed.

Is it similar to hall effect dimming like the surefire Titan?

fyrstormer

Banned
Quantum tunneling is when quantum particles (electrons, quarks, neutrinos, etc.) spontaneously jump across an insulating barrier, presumably instantaneously, regardless of the distance being crossed. It doesn't violate the speed-of-light law because the probability of each particle tunneling through the barrier decreases as the barrier size increases, so when you zoom-out far enough that you get back into the realm of predictable physics, the average time it takes for an entire "batch" of particles to tunnel through the barrier is equal to the time it would take them to travel that distance at the speed of light if they all went at once instead of hanging out and waiting to jump.

So I'm guessing the switch has some sort of an insulator that can vary in thickness as the switch is compressed, and electrons jump across in varying amounts as quantum physics allows.

Ward

Newly Enlightened
Any news on this? U know it would be a huge seller! What's holding you back from putting it in production?

Phredd

Enlightened
However i do believe there is or will be interest in a VBC Wee

Rob, I think that is quite an understatement. I believe you've found the holy grail. The only production flashlight with VBC is 3.0" x .75". Both your Raw Ti and Wee would be incredibly popular with VBC if you get the word out. I still recommend that you create an e-mail notification list so that anyone who comes across your site can sign up to receive a semi-monthly newsletter.

I'd bet that most, if not all, of your existing customers would buy one. Count me in!

Phredd

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Um... hi holy grail of grails! Hi Phial of Galadriel!

Hi money-is-no-object item!

Rob! Please hook us up with this!

And more... I think you need to talk to some larger-scale manufacturers (e.g., 4sevens) about licensing this brilliance! This is... amazing! :hitit::hitit::hitit: