M*glite Solitaire 3W Luxeon Star Mod

Luxbright

Enlightened
Re: 3w mag solitaire

On a freshly charged aaa Li-ion battery, I would say the brightness is close to 3/4 of the KL1 with a Lux III SYOJ running a CR123. It get hot pretty fast but still OK to touch. This is my opinionated observation.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

G Pilot: Charger is 220v, i think...... when you plug it in, the light second from the left will turn on. then, when charging, upon insertion of battery, either the far left light or the one second from the right will light. when the far right light turns on, the battery is charged. look above the lights: one says dis, one says pw, one says ch and one says ful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yea, it does get hot....

g pilot, if you unscrew the head until it makes a sort of clicky noise (like a scrape of the spring) and screw the head fully in, the torch should stay off. if not, lather, rinse, repeat!

neg

s2k

Newly Enlightened

G pilot:

the first run got a little problem in connection, it supposed to be tighten to OFF, lossen to ON. sometime it could be on accidentally when tighten.

the charger will work on 110-220v so it's ok.

there are four LEDs on charger, they are discharge (dummy), power, charge, full, from left to right.

when you plug this in, the red power led will on, then you put in the battery, the charging LED will start blikning, when it's fully charged, the charging LED will off and the FULL led in the right will on.

the second run has improved the switch contact, it will be easier to use.

s2k

Newly Enlightened

charger2.jpg

this could a little helpful.

please notice how to put the battery when charging.

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)

Hi S2K,

I am eagerly awaiting mine - I am curious to know the ship dates for your lights. I have a goofy vacation schedule where I am going away for several weeks.

How many lihgts are in the second run? When we say'I'm in' should we put down a colour preference? What colours are available?

Thanks to you and your friends for putting this light together.

Tysonb

G Pilot

Enlightened

So is there an upgrade.... mine is really twitchy and sensitive. I cannot really get it to turn on everytime. I like it alot just need it to work right. Is there something I can do?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm wondering.. does this light use the same switch? that could be a big problem.. taking a switch rated likely for .1A or less and putting as much as 5-6x that through it... the solitaire switch is a patented design that turns on while twisting the head off, and it uses decent contacts, probably even coated in silver.. but it does make me wonder.. can you get the switch apart on a solitaire?

There are some contact sprays and cleaners.. in case it's a contact issue.. good luck, keep us posted.

-awr

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got thinking about this light again today and had to come back to read this thread again I still can wait! I am dying for mine! I am gonna have a lot of fun with this,
most of my relative's carry soli's and i'm gonna love the look on there face's when i turn mine on!!!VDG

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL on voodoo's comment.. yup i know exactly what you mean, and so will about 65 people who've signed up to get a carbon copy of my light, it's quite a shocker.

there are definitely some pros vs cons between this solitaire mod and the peak mod i'm making.. regulated v unregulated.. more or less costly.. without a lens, with a lens.. bigger.. smaller.. unfinished.. painted.

When will these be available in quantity? I think i might like to have one w/o having to build it myself.. why re-invent the wheel? (i wouldn't need the charger).

G Pilot

Enlightened

S2K... anymore info on tweaking the the switch? Mine is really confusing, I am not sure which way to turn it or what the problem is. Any info on exactly how it works would be helpful.

BTW what is the heart below my name, I just noticed it was there recently.

AW

Newly Enlightened

The heart means you have contributed funds to CPFRelief Fund. You may have done that by buying stuff from other members who have set aside a portion of the proceed to this fund. Anyway, you are helping this forum.

s2k

Newly Enlightened

hi G pilot:
sorry for the late reply, i got problem with my computer last few days.

i can replace the light for you with improved switch, the first few units i offered were the very early run so definitely there will be problems.

i'm considering to offer all mods a warranty period for 1 to 1 exchange.

for those who bought the first run, pls contact me by email if have any problems. sometime i can not come and check the posts but i can check the email anytime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

andrew:
thank you for your comments, i believe you have posted enough information about your mod in MY thread.

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)

S2k - what is that?! Bad Form.

This is a -F O R U M- and Andrew was sharing with you valuable insight that you asked for, and I quote from your initial post " but now we are still seeking the comments and suggestions." This, I believe was all in trying to help you make your mod better.

This thread is not even in the BST!

Tysonb

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

tyson... thanks for the comment i.e. 'got your back'..

s2k.. tyson is correct.. we are having a dialog about our products, i'm most certainly not 'hijacking' your thread... just having a conversation.. if you have a pickup truck and i have a camaro, and we sit down and have a conversation... it's likely to come up the pro's and con's of each, correct? If you took any offense from anything i posted, you must have mis-read something. My comments are meant to encourage not discourage... you happen to be providing what can easily be said my only competition, and a very solid 'competitor' as it were. I've probably made more positive references to YOUR post in my thread than anything that could possibly be called a negative reference either in my thread or your thread... if i was really 'cut throat'.. i'd do a pro-con checklist and really 'sell' or 'pitch' my light and try to dog yours... that's just not nice and wrong, and not me, i think of your light as a great contribution to the world of lights, and my hat is off to actually providing them before me.. kudos.

When eventually both our our lights get into the hands of a reviewer, i wouldn't be able to predict the outcome of a head-to-head challenge, and i think that's awesome and how it should be... any problems with that?

ps.. tyson has it correct.. 'all in trying to help you make your mod better' in-part... i was trying to point out the differences to say we have made quite different monsters... so.. compare them and see what you think.

-awr