• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Madmax Running Time....

LukeK

Enlightened
Hello everyone.

A friend of mine is planning on installing a Madmax module into his Mini Mag 2AA. The one last question I have is:

What battery life can be expected of this module? How long does it stay at high brightness and also at a much dimmer output?

Thanks ever so much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LukeK

Enlightened
Thanks for the link X-ray. It's interesting -- the Madmax seems to have pretty poor battery life with regular alkalines. I mean an hour and a half of near full brightness isn't that much. Thanks again X-ray.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few points to consider:

1. The graphs show a non stop test, with intermittent use the runtime should increase quiet a bit.

2. The Madmax module is very bright, way brighter than a standard Maglite.

3. The Madmax is adjustable, you can increase runtime by reducing brightness.

4. I think the Madmax module has been made a little more efficient since the test was carried out, for example using new Duracell batteries I normally get just over 2 hours of high brightness.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, the runtime of the MadMax, particularly the newer MadMax+, is quite longer than that graph indicates.

As you can see in this latest graph, the runtime is about 2 hours 50 minutes.
minimini2.jpg

Reference: in this post Roy discusses the runtime differences between the MadMax+ Q3L running on two energizer e² lithiums, to the runtime of the same sandwich on one lithium (in a one cell Mini-Mini-Mag).
Re: Runtime of a MadMax in a 1 AA Mini-Mag

Also of interest, is this thread where Roy did a runtime plot of the Lambda / Arc Maniac micro Illuminator. In this test Roy found that the Duracell ran 84 minutes, while the Energizer ran 116 minutes.
Re: Run-Time Plot - Micro-Illuminator