Mag-lites circa 1983.

turbodog

Flashaholic
What's the part # of a 2 cell, 3 volt bulb?

The vintage bulbs in an earlier post are eveready hpr36... a 6 volt bulb. I need part # for 3 volt version.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Ah!

That's it.

Standard 2 cell bulb was 10 lumens. These are 35... that's a huge increase.

1686755630565.png

turbodog

Flashaholic
Standard bulb was only 10 lumens? I thought they were about 30.

If we are talking about 2 cell bulbs from the 1980's... YMMV. There were vacuum bulbs, krypton, halogen.

The bulb I posted had an excellent filament shape and placement. Would produce as good a beam as is possible.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
1.80 per bulb is okay.. But these folks only know Priority Mail. Shipping to West Coast US is more than doubled cost of 6 bulbs
Hell, I was going to buy a few so postage would be more or less not as much per bulb but they only take use paypal. Nope. I stopped using those folks after getting hacked. Yup, my paypal account paid for an Arbys dinner for 12 one new years eve in Boise Idaho. They made it right but still.....

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hell, I was going to buy a few so postage would be more or less not as much per bulb but they only take use paypal. Nope. I stopped using those folks after getting hacked. Yup, my paypal account paid for an Arbys dinner for 12 one new years eve in Boise Idaho. They made it right but still.....

My 'account' w/ Aetna medical insurance company was recently 'hacked'. Nothing is safe. If I switched service providers, they wouldn't be either.

Pure speculation, but If a major company's been hacked, in theory they might be the best to do business with. Hopefully it was so painful for them that they've since done due diligence and invested in the security measures they should have had in the first place. (?)

The only 'safe' way to do business in 2023 is in cash with a gun in your pocket. There is no safety beyond that today. It's gone, and will likely never return. It cannot be escaped, and there is no safe refuge. It's either risk, cash with a gun, or stop doing business.

You want 'safe' in 2023? It does not exist.

I recall my Grandmother once saying "I think I've lived too long". I know how she felt:-(

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure about them only taking PayPal? This is on their web page:

1686782974475.png

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
With an average rated life of only 10 hours, it makes an LED drop-in very attractive.
I do not like the after market LED Maglite replacement bulbs. The light is a lot brighter, but most I have tried do focus very well due to the LED bulbs not providing side lighting and only forward lighting that will not allow the adjustable reflector function compared to other styled bulbs that do allow better focusing of the beam. Just my experience. The LED replacement bulbs I've used are great on runtime and brightness, but have not compared to other styled replacement bulbs I've tried previously, that allow the light to function as designed.
GL

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which LED drop ins do you think work best regarding adjustable reflector function?
It's been awhile, but when I was looking for one, they only offered ones that were forward facing mounted flat on the top which offered very limited side spill for the reflector to adjust and use. Hence a very poor beam pattern. I ended up installing it in this 6V lantern powered by AA Olight Lithium primary cells with D to AA adapters. It throws as far as the lens on the LED allows.
There was also another kind I bought on clearance in a Red 2D adjustable beam like Maglite that had a flat topped surface mounted low output power LED without a lens. I'll try to rouse one up.
GL

WIN_20230616_18_14_13_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230616_18_17_14_Pro.jpg