Mag Pro 2-D ??

GPB

Enlightened
Can anyone clear up something for me ? I haven't been around the forum for a while so I'm out of touch with the current state of afairs. I came across a mag light on REI's website that I was intrigued by. It was a Mag Pro 2D rated at 274 lumens ( twice what a regular Mag 2D LED light is rated at ) I can't find it at any other retailer. I can't find it mentioned on Mag's website. I searched the forums and can't find any mention of it. Is it real ? Has anyone seen them ? Thanks!!

UMDTERPS

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone clear up something for me ? I haven't been around the forum for a while so I'm out of touch with the current state of afairs. I came across a mag light on REI's website that I was intrigued by. It was a Mag Pro 2D rated at 274 lumens ( twice what a regular Mag 2D LED light is rated at ) I can't find it at any other retailer. I can't find it mentioned on Mag's website. I searched the forums and can't find any mention of it. Is it real ? Has anyone seen them ? Thanks!!

WHOA, I hope the do that for the 3D as well! :huh:

UMDTERPS

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of the new MagLight Pro lights at my local Home Depot in Columbus, Ohio, in late July. The Pro version has a hotspot about four times the size of the "regular" 2D LED version, with comparable throw. The lux is visually about the same between the two, but there is appreciably more light in the Pro spillbeam. The tint on my 2D Pro model is a surprising neutral white (about 5300K), while the tint on my "regular" 2D is a very pleasant pure snow white (about 6500K, no off-color tints to be found anywhere). In my comparison of the two, the Pro version delivers more light to illuminate close and medium range targets. The throw is about the same distance.

The Pro version compares favorably with another 2D I have that hosts a Mag-specific Malkoff drop in.

I didn't compare run times. (Sorry. I only use these for illuminating the far corners of the property, and for discouraging my neighborhood skunk from getting too friendly with the cat. Run times are not an issue for me.) I hope this helps.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
I saw the Pro 2D at sports authority. I believe it is sporting an XP-G while the regular 2D has an XP-E. I would have grabbed one, but I am well stocked with Mags already, lol.

Up All Night

Enlightened
I bought one of the new MagLight Pro lights at my local Home Depot in Columbus, Ohio, in late July. The Pro version has a hotspot about four times the size of the "regular" 2D LED version, with comparable throw. The lux is visually about the same between the two, but there is appreciably more light in the Pro spillbeam. The tint on my 2D Pro model is a surprising neutral white (about 5300K), while the tint on my "regular" 2D is a very pleasant pure snow white (about 6500K, no off-color tints to be found anywhere). In my comparison of the two, the Pro version delivers more light to illuminate close and medium range targets. The throw is about the same distance.

The Pro version compares favorably with another 2D I have that hosts a Mag-specific Malkoff drop in.

I didn't compare run times. (Sorry. I only use these for illuminating the far corners of the property, and for discouraging my neighborhood skunk from getting too friendly with the cat. Run times are not an issue for me.) I hope this helps.

If it does everything you say, I'm in! Other than the TK41, the Cree & Rebel mags are the best throwers I own. Now lets see how much the Canadian contingent will get gouged on this one!

GPB

Enlightened
I'm not saying it does anything. I'm not even sure it exists !! I few posters have said they've seen it in retailers so I'll check those out, but I've checked them recently and found nothing new to be exicited about.

lightinsky

Enlightened
I'm not saying it does anything. I'm not even sure it exists !! I few posters have said they've seen it in retailers so I'll check those out, but I've checked them recently and found nothing new to be exicited about.

I bought one at Sports Authority but then returned it. It's not putting out 274 lumens? I don't believe it's that much brighter than the regular cree version since I had both. It seems to me an inflated number. Maybe it's putting out 174 lumens but that's pushing it from comparing it to my Surefires with Cree XML's and other lights like my Inova XO dual mode 200 lumen light.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is odd that I have been reading about new Maglites over the past year, but have yet to see one of them in stores! :shrug:

Up All Night

Enlightened
GPB,
My post was a response to DaveTheDude's post. As per the quote!
Now I see lightinsky seems to have a less than impressive view. I'll have to check one out for myself when they make it to Canada............in 2014!!:ohgeez: