Mag Zero D Photon Grenade: Triple Nichia 219 Hi CRI Tiny Monster Mag

Slazmo

Enlightened
Re: Mag Zero D Photon Granade: Triple Nichia 219 Hi CRI Tiny Monster Mag

noticed on the Pheobus site they want to charge US$90 to ship it to me in Australia, for a small $30 part.....

Great living at the *** end of space aint it.... Hang on! Where's 'Wollongong' in Aus anyhow??? :thinking:

wolfy

Enlightened

LOL, Im about 70Km south of Sydney CBD, so at least its not quite in the middle of nowhere.

It isnt that USPS is charging US$90 to deliver it, its that USPS isnt an option, and they only use courier services (and to Oz thats expensive it seems).

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would imagine a Dealer in AU might exist? Microfire is not a small brand, might want to contact their China HQ for info.

wolfy

Enlightened

To late, got a Sunway 3xCR123 holder which I will modify with a switch at one end.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

To late, got a Sunway 3xCR123 holder which I will modify with a switch at one end.

Might not work, sunway 123 holder use metal, it may short out wth bored mag tube

wolfy

Enlightened

Thats OK ma_sha1, I have unscrewed and removed the metal disks at each end so now it will now fit into a tri-bore MagD. Also at one end is a small surface mount fuse, which I have removed and soldered a switch across (and glued down to that end). The other end I have used tall flat top screws to give height to the -ve ring (at the center is the raised +ve terminal )..... DONE.

Almost as good as the Microfire carrier, but a few milimeters longer.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did you finish the build?

I was able to make the Sunway 3x123 holder fit. I managed to make it work in another light by taking off the metal plate from each end, replace with plastic on one end & smaller copper plate on the other end as negative. Because the need for separate tail switch on the Sunway holder, the light is a lot longer than Mag Zero D. (also because the deeper reflector/heat sink for single XML). It's the light to the right. The middle light is black shadow queen, 3x123 that I just put up for sales on CPFMP.
dscf2522o.jpg

dscf2526v.jpg

It's still pretty small, but I think the Mag Zero D sub 4 inches can only be achieved with the Microfire 3x123 carrier with the built in switch.

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

guys I did not totally get the details of the carrier mod but do check out the DRy 3XML carrier sold by intl-outdoor.com.
it takes 3 18650 in series but the posts and its paltes can be trimmed down...

wolfy

Enlightened
Hi ma_sha1, havnt quite finished mine, had a very busy couple months at work. I am setting up a triple nichia setup but it will be a bit longer than the ZeroD, but still shorter than your single xm-l setup. I will post when I get time to finish it.

sportster

Newly Enlightened
Very impressive! Nice job.

Did you make it for a purpose? or just for: it's super cool and you could.

Slazmo

Enlightened
What or who make that tail cap on the digicam D Mag? Does it have a switch and what is it 'glass breaker'?

Impressive build I say either way, congrats!!!!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very impressive! Nice job.
Did you make it for a purpose? or just for: it's super cool and you could.

I made it just because it's cool, mag has been modded to death, but this never been done before. The, it find it's purpose, it's in the kitchen, where the hi CRI really shines & it hides in the drawer w/o laying down.

What or who make that tail cap on the digicam D Mag? Does it have a switch and what is it 'glass breaker'?

Impressive build I say either way, congrats!!!!

Thanks That's FM tail cap with Mc Clicky, no glass breaker,