second, try

warm water\soapy water
oil
alcohol
acetone
vinegar
citric acide
dish washing machine's detergent powder with warm water

as solvent. if all fails, try Bar Keepers Friend as last ressort. it can dissolve all metals. hehe

GAReed

Newly Enlightened
Last time I saw something like that it was a NiCad, those 'hair' like strands. Vinegar first
then uses baking soda/409 to clean off the 'salts'.

sbj

Newly Enlightened
Insert the battery to be charged, then apply pressure to the negative contact with one hand so that the battery is pressed against the positive contact. Then turn (twist) the battery back and forth with the other hand. This will rub off any oxide layer at the contacts that may be present. - That should work at least temporarily.
In the worst case, the charger cancels the charging process prematurely. Much worse cannot happen (in my opinion).

spotlight76

Newly Enlightened
I read that rechargable batteries don't leak. It looks like this isn't true, at least in my case.

spotlight76

Newly Enlightened
Should i remove the battery as soon as it is charged? If i leave it in the charger after being charged (or about 1 hour) can this reduce the life cycle?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA Cycler did a trickle-charge test, to see what the long-term effects were. IIRC, it was pretty minimal, until you got up to around 100mA.

spotlight76

Newly Enlightened
I discharged an AAA battery , and when i charged it the capacity shown was about 90mAh less than the capacity shown when discharged. Why could this happen?

Latest posts