Maha MH-C9000 unimpressive charger?

tripplec

Enlightened
Some people like the IQ-328 more than others. There may also be differences between samples. My sample seemed to be significantly flawed.

Well its has been awhile but I was reading this thread with the new post in it. I saw this and since then I got an Nitecore I4, its worked flawlessly for many charges of Eneloop cells (AA & AAA). I got just recently an IQ-328 via Amazon merchant in the USA delivered to a US address since it could be brought up during a visit this Christmas to me in Canada. Got it and tried I on a pair of new AA cells run down a ways. It got them pretty hot at 500mA charge. Tried other including the New AA black high capacity Eneloops @1000mA got almost too hot to hold. Not all batteries go hot and later experiments the same cells did not get hot.

I contacted Accupower by email and they're not doing anything believing and telling me they doubt anything is wrong with this IQ328. I beg to differ. I cannot trust it to not overheat cells and cannot sit beside it while it charges each time. Needing another reliable charger I picked up another I4. Done and no worries on what I does, it does very well and handles the two 18650's I have as well. Being in Canada there no place or warranty process available. Trying to send I back via someone to the USA etc would cost more than it cost so lesson learned. There are plenty of good chargers with new ones appearing. If you're in the Market for one DON'T GET AN ACCUPOWER IQ-328. The display is hard to read without back lighting as well. There are others which would be much better now. No point chancing issues and/or battery damage from hot cells. Normally these Eneloops don't get beyond just a little warm. Hot is bad something is wrong if that is happening.

Russel

Enlightened
Wouldn't this affect the temperature sensor and cause earliet termination?

un3k

The MH-C9000 terminates a charge cycle by several criteria depending on the conditions of the cell being charged. There is a temp sensor that will (if I remember correctly) stop the charge cycle until the temperature drops to a certain level. Also, the charge cycle will terminate at a certain maximum voltage, or Delta V signal.

Latest posts