Malkoff Bodyguard

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
now..

will the bodyguard grip ring fit the single aa mdc?

threads on body and head are both un-anodized which malkoff says it needs to be to fit but at the same time says it wont fit the older model mdc?

i have the most current model of the mdc aa but it isnt the ribbed body like my 123 its the smooth body

what constitues it as a "older" model

the "older" model i thought was just head/voltage related not body?

anyone has picture of this combination ?

Last edited:

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
The oveready ring fits perfectly on any mdc style head. bodyguard, super scout, mdc aa, etc.

I had already commented on something very similar in this topic here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...-Front-Porch&p=5339373&viewfull=1#post5339373

Thanks marco

Sorry I edited my post to clarify

I meant the bodyguard ring from malkoff.

If you were saying that the washer ring would fit to fit the body guard ring that's great as I'll try that out as well if that's what you meant.

host bodyguard v1 + combat ring + any mdc head = :D
host bodyguard v2 + combat ring + any mdc head = :D

host bodyguard v1 + combat ring + vme head = :shakehead but using oveready washer ring = :D
host bodyguard v2 + combat ring + vme head = :D

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
I've been carrying a BG v2 on a regular basis running a single 16340. Decided to do a little run test with a new fresh klarus 700mah 16340.

I got 3:15hrs of good usable light. Im pretty happy with these results.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Bodyguard v.2 head, SF E-series body, SF twisty (from the Tactician), Lumens Factory 2-way long clip. Rides like you-don't-know-it's-there in a Kytex horizontal 6P belt carrier;

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
edc-12.jpg

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
edc-13.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice light NH Lumens, I would like to try a BG head.

I have a similar Lego...
QbVF7xb.jpg

FiZj9hr.jpg

Malkoff VME Head with M61L 219B V2, SF L4 Body, Lumens Factory 2-Way Clip, Malkoff E-Series Tricap.

I really wish Gene would make us a body to use this tailcap on...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
Sorry if this has already been addressed. I recently acquired the Bodyguard V2. I put a regular button top protected KeepPower in there because that is what I had. Is it worth it to get a high drain 18650? High drain is mentioned on the Malkoff website. Will it increase the performance? Thanks.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Sorry if this has already been addressed. I recently acquired the Bodyguard V2. I put a regular button top protected KeepPower in there because that is what I had. Is it worth it to get a high drain 18650? High drain is mentioned on the Malkoff website. Will it increase the performance? Thanks.

No, the KP 3500mAh protected cell will provide all the current needed to fully drive it.

rothnroll

Newly Enlightened
I want to buy a Malkoff MDC Bodyguard Flashlight.

1. Do they ever come with stainless steel (non-black) pocket clips?
2. I saw a few pictures here of ones with a crenulated bezel. I wrote Malkoff and I was told they only make smooth Bezels for this model? Does anyone make these aftermarket?

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
He sells a stainless steel crenelated bezel under parts and miscellaneous items. My Bodyguard has the non black clip, but I think the newer ones are blackened. I would imagine you can strip that coating off, but I have not done it. I have stripped a coating off a knife before and it worked fine.

rothnroll

Newly Enlightened
He sells a stainless steel crenelated bezel under parts and miscellaneous items. My Bodyguard has the non black clip, but I think the newer ones are blackened. I would imagine you can strip that coating off, but I have not done it. I have stripped a coating off a knife before and it worked fine.

Greetings, the crenulated bezel does not fit the Bodyguard, and says so in the description. I really want the cren bezel on the Bodyguard..

Greetings, the crenulated bezel does not fit the Bodyguard, and says so in the description. I really want the cren bezel on the Bodyguard..

I have the bodyguard v1 and the model v2, both with the bezel ring crenelated. it worked perfectly, unless something was changed in the new models of this flashlight.