Malkoff E2 Hyper thoughts and beamshots

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
For the unarmed civilian, the idea is to deter through blinding to open an opportunity for evasion. That same window can be used in different ways depending on the situation and on how one might be equipped. The use of light is no longer restricted to simply establishing a PID.

Probably outside the scope of this forum, but I've been working on a consulting basis with a warrants officer in a major city PD. They do high-risk arrests (think section 8 housing drug dealers) and the use of blinding light as a compliance tool is something that is depended on. He went from a SF EDCL2-T to a MD3-M91T based on my recommendation and he has reported that light working more effectively than the SF. He's now going to experiment with a Modlite OKW handheld which just arrived today, so I will be hearing the results achieved with that light soon.

High-intensity lights like the OKW and even the E2HT are opening new fields of study and thus far (based on feedback from a group of LEOs using light this way) proving to be game changers.

I can't even put on here what I have done in my last job. However, it far exceeds those houses you were talking about. I have to leave it there.

I will grab one of those E2HT heads and give it a try going to go 16650 most likely.

StagMoose

Enlightened
https://imgur.com/a/Hg13WT6I have started doing some testing with these and can share some pictures. I can add more moving forward. I really like the E2HT head on a 18650 body. I just wish I could find a way to get a hi/lo.

Hg13WT6

Gene is the person to answer you.
Send an e-mail to him and in 24 hours you will have your answer. I particularly believe that it is not possible to exceed 6 volts.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
This has been my dedicated off duty light for over 3 years. The longer L1 body was bored out to get rid of the shelf that the driver sat on. I kept the same inside diameter to retain durability. It holds 2 CR123s perfectly. The 2 stage momentary tailcap gives it a low of about 100 lumens with a light press. I can't say enough about how much I love this light. An LX2 body would give you the same UI but it would be a bit longer.
V50ODR5.jpg

NH Lumens

Enlightened
This has been my dedicated off duty light for over 3 years. The longer L1 body was bored out to get rid of the shelf that the driver sat on. I kept the same inside diameter to retain durability. It holds 2 CR123s perfectly. The 2 stage momentary tailcap gives it a low of about 100 lumens with a light press. I can't say enough about how much I love this light. An LX2 body would give you the same UI but it would be a bit longer.
V50ODR5.jpg

Nice set up!