Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
See post 38 and 39. Not a graph but output and runtime from other CPF members.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Runtimes-etc&p=2533612&viewfull=1#post2533612

Thank you.

The reason why I was curious if the M30 wasn't really designed for one primary CR123 is there are several reviews with output data over time for rechargerables, but seems like no one did a chart with a primary cell.

If Gene can make a TIR version of the M31 it would be a real winner for a lot of reasons.

mbw_151

Enlightened
The M60W, M60WL, M60WF, and M60WLF and some early M61W, M61WL and M61WLL were about 4000K and comparable to the OverReady Neutrals. The later versions of the M61 warms were about 3700K, "warmer" in tint. this can be a little confusing.

I recently bought a M61-219 and a M61L-219. Despite all the ravings about the 219, my initial impression is 4500K isn't warm enough for me. I'm going to live with them a while longer and see if they grow on me.

Last edited:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M60W, M60WL, M60WF, and M60WLF and some early M61W, M61WL and M61WLL were about 4000K and comparable to the OverReady Neutrals. The later versions of the M61 warms were about 3700K, "warmer" in tint. this can be a little confusing.

I recently bought a M61-219 and a M61L-219. Despite all the ravings about the 219, my initial impression is 4500K isn't warm enough for me. I'm going to live with them a while longer and see if they grow on me.

I believe the stages of the m61w were 5000k, then switched to 4200k, then 3700k.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you identify them from the various color temperature? Can you tell by just looking at the drop in?

Those were the temperatures I got from reading the forum. I do/had two M61w drop-ins. One was 3700k, which was really warm. The current one I have now is 5000k. It's a lil bit cool (Engraved M61W), the person I purchased it from stated it was 5000k version. My guess is the 4200k would be similar to the tint of the M61N from Oveready (4200k).

bwall85

Newly Enlightened
Is there some place that has this information in regards to all the generations of wildcats and hound dogs? The product listings at malkoffdevices only has the most recent offerings and his spec sheet is back from when the hound dog only was at 350lumens...

johnny0000

Newly Enlightened
Is there some place that has this information in regards to all the generations of wildcats and hound dogs? The product listings at malkoffdevices only has the most recent offerings and his spec sheet is back from when the hound dog only was at 350lumens...

I may have something like this. I've always copy/pasted the details from his website every time I purchased a drop-in, Wildcat, Hound Dog, etc. It definitely helped especially when he made different version drop-ins years and years ago. It was tough to remember what the engravings meant after not seeing them for so long. I know I have it saved on some hard drive in some folder in folder. I'll dig around and see what I can find.

misfit1981

Newly Enlightened
I'm using the Malkoff M91A drop in, in my SureFire Z2 - I had to upgrade to 3.2v rechargeables, before the light output was bright enough for me.

I'm looking into upgrading to 4.2v (rcr123 x2) rechargeables, and hope it helps the output even more.

bwall85

Newly Enlightened
I may have something like this. I've always copy/pasted the details from his website every time I purchased a drop-in, Wildcat, Hound Dog, etc. It definitely helped especially when he made different version drop-ins years and years ago. It was tough to remember what the engravings meant after not seeing them for so long. I know I have it saved on some hard drive in some folder in folder. I'll dig around and see what I can find.

that would be great! Let me know if you find it somewhere...

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great job doing this, NotRegulated, and everyone else that helped out to put it together and keep it updated.:thumbsup:

I was just thinking about this today as I have been building up my Malkoff drop-in collection for the last few months. I find myself wanting/buying various drop-ins when I don't have enough hosts for them all. Good thing the Low versions can work in Nitrolon/plastic lights. Less expensive hosts for those.:) That and I've been getting a few VME heads and e-series bodies which make great little pocket rockets.:cool:

Anyway, the point of this post is that I have an addition for the graph: M91W, please. I have one and love it, but would like to know specs on it at some point. (besides it being 5.5-12v...)

erehwyrevekool

Enlightened
Noticed on CPFMP (WTB) that Gene did a one time experimental custom run of the new Cree XM-L2 T6 LED in both the M91 and M61 configuration. Hand engraved by Gene: "M61 XMLT6" and "M91 XMLT6". The member who opened the 3D writes:
On two that I turned on, the tint is a very pleasing bright with none of the blueish tint common in the U2. More towards the neutral, but not warm. The hotspot is very diffused within the beam. The beam size is a little larger than a normal M61 with about 20% more output. Fantastic for walking or room clearing.

img06d.jpg

This configuration is not planned to be available in the future. Gene used this for experimentation, and to fill a large order outstanding for a client. I was able to get the over runs of this ONE TIME production. Please do not ask him to do more, as he emphatically stated that he is just to busy for custom work.

That's all!
:wave:

Your images are oversize, when you post an image please remember Rule #3

Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels.

Please resize and repost. - Thanks Norm

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Brand new! M361-LMH

XP-G2
The input voltage is 3.4 - 6 volts. Input voltages of more 6 volts may destroy this module. Below 3.4 volts it will drop out of regulation and run direct drive. This dropin is protected from reverse polarity.

Summary of Modes: 15 lumens/80 lumens/400 lumens

Current Draw: 50 mah/270 mah/1450 mah

Last edited:

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
All the M60 and M30 variants in the chart show to use an XP-G. XR-E is more like it... no? I've been trying to figure if most used the EZ1000 die or if any had the higher surface brightness of the EZ900 in them.