Maratac AAA Cu tarnish progression

weklund

Enlightened
My Warm CU ..... My EDC for the last year.

Looking good.

CUMAR1.jpg

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have had this one for some months. Mine got a xp-g2 :) The maratac cu is one of my favorite aaa lights, and i have owned loooots of aaa lights :)
dsc00683x.jpg

Acid87

Enlightened
I lost my maratac copper light while out with my lady friend. Some wee snot at the club has a nicely tarnished Cu maratac. On the plus side I bought two! So I have a brand new one in the packet to play with all over again!

turkeylord

Enlightened
2 months of keychain carry on my Vinh modded CU AAA Rev 2 XP-G2 Neutral :twothumbs I added the ball bearing fishing swivel and monkey's fist.

yrj3U.jpg

gVCgV.jpg

uoy9G.jpg

Love this light! Love it even more now that I own a couple standard Maratac AAAs...

Last edited:

Nice65

Newly Enlightened
Mine, now several months old. Excuse the slight blur, I have the truck engine running and I'm not getting out 'cos it's freezing ;)

3D4A7529-0376-46F4-A159-E4B19007C0DA-1670-000001F6B3A111F5_zps8e7917ac.jpg

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My father was a fan of Antiques Roadshow. His favorite episode was a guy who brought in an old Art Deco copper lamp. To prepare for the show, the guy polished it - got it bright and gleaming. When he asked how much it was worth, they told him $200 in its current condition. But it would have been worth $50,000 if he hadn't polished it and ruined the patina.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I polished my AA Cu to watch it tarnish again, but the patina is different this time. Not sure if it's because it finally got warmer buy it's definitely a more golden color this time around.

rioimmagina

Enlightened
R: Maratac AAA Cu tarnish progression

I polished my AA Cu to watch it tarnish again, but the patina is different this time. Not sure if it's because it finally got warmer buy it's definitely a more golden color this time around.

Exactly the same happened to me, after i cleaned my tri-edc with toothpaste. When the copper comes out from the lathe is extremely reactive. It became black in 3 weeks. After the cleaning the tarnish is slower to build up and it's going more towards green...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first gen AAA tarnishes like most of the ones shown here, but the second gen tarnishes somewhat differently:

img2509sy.jpg

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought about cleaning my mine, but I've decided it looks more realistic like copper just to leave it tarnished.

Alan.. Sent with Tapatalk 2