Maratac AAA Cu tarnish progression

bobjane

Enlightened
ooo.gif
Sorry! The package is already taped shut!
ooo.gif

Customs are going to flag it for illegal fertilizer import. :laughing:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It's likely to take several years before it turns completely green.

Tough to imagine that the Statue of Liberty once used to be such a beautiful shade of virgin copper.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like how yours is turning out calipsoii, keychain duty will prolly give it the surface treatment mine needs. I'm guilty of not touching mine since I posted those pics above. I want to give it a satin finish it but it kinda fell in the backburner. I will pick it up once my brass FFIII arrives, will have to give that one a nice touch up too. :devil:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
As nuphoria said, these are very steampunk looking... these could go great with 50s aviator goggles and spiky gloves :nana:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Looks like it'll be quite awhile before they turn Statue of Liberty Green.

Patriot

Flashaholic
My favorite is the electro-polished SS but the Cu version is a close second.

Mine is quite tarnished now so I'll have to post some pictures of it tomorrow....

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the weight difference between this and iTP EOS A3? I like the tarnish of the ones shown so far but I can't imagine wanting it to be flaky green. :sick2:

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
What's the weight difference between this and iTP EOS A3? I like the tarnish of the ones shown so far but I can't imagine wanting it to be flaky green. :sick2:
Look at the pennies in your pocket and understand that copper being handled on a regular basis is never going to be green. If you want it green, just lay it out by the compost pile and leave it for a decade. If you don't want green, just use it.

I've said this same point quite a few times, that all you need to do to get an idea of what they'll look like is to compare them to an older penny which has been in constant circulation.

They are noticeably heavier, but in a tiny light like this, it's kind of a nice feeling with the added weight.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to accelerate the proccess try to give it a salt water (sea water) bath and let the air do the work.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting the progress pics. I gotta get me one of these. The only question is can I wait to hold it off buying it to put it on my Christmas list. :thinking:

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
I was going to hold off buying the AAA Copper, in anticipation of an AA Copper version. But the pics look so nice, that I'm going to order one of the AAA Coppers tonight, and then order a AA Copper, if it is made available in the future.
I have a thread about the AA Copper version possibly being made available, but I just want to mention here that Michael over @ CountyComm said that the AA version depends on how well the AAA's do, and what the demand is like for an AA Copper version. So call, and/or send your emails in care of Michael, and let him know if you'd like to see an AA Copper :poke:

Update >

Received the AAA Copper. A really nice light. Pretty bright for a small light. Nice little flood action going on.
Confirmed mode sequence, without memory >
L - M - H
It's really made well. The copper looks really sharp, and adds a nice little weight to the light. Feels good in the hand, or should I say fingers :)
My very 1st copper flashlight. Pretty cool.

Last edited: