Mateminco SL02 EDC Review

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Been a bit busy lately IRC, but here's my latest review:

Mateminco SL02 EDC

The SL02 is a budget light that runs off a 18650 or 18350 battery (both included), using distinctive body tubes. Also includes auxillary RGB modes in the head and tailcap. Here is a sample runtime on 18350:

18350-14500-Max.gif

Light is certainly efficient, thanks to the direct-drive pattern (i.e., not voltage-regulated). Check out the full review for more details.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Checked out the link. Really enjoyed your review.
Thanks for that.

You throw these things out there into the ether, and its hard to know if people find them useful or not. :) The light may or may not be to everyone's tastes, but hopefully the testing and comparisons are useful to those who are considering it.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light seems like it could've been pretty decent except they made some really questionable design decisions (the RGB stuff, mode levels). Maybe they'll revise it soon after some feedback.

I'm not in the market much for new flashlights lately but I do enjoy reading your reviews to keep an eye on what's out there.

I did, however, buy an Acebeam E70 Mini after reading your review of that light, since I didn't have a more recent 18650 light. That was a home run. The Mini has become my default go-to light for any and all indoor tasks. I also hope to be able to try it out soon for some photography in dark areas. Should work well for that purpose, based on the at-home experimenting I've done with it.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good review. Glad to see you again. This is a really good looking light. Reminds me of older surefires. Besides looks though, there's nothing here that would interest me

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I did, however, buy an Acebeam E70 Mini after reading your review of that light, since I didn't have a more recent 18650 light. That was a home run.
Yes, that is a nice light - love the beam and tint,

Good review. Glad to see you again. This is a really good looking light. Reminds me of older surefires. Besides looks though, there's nothing here that would interest me
Thanks, it is good to be back. It is a decent looking light, with a pretty cool optic. But the circuit clearly needs some work.