MBI #3 - Codename: HF

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guy,

Is there a deadline to switching from the Nichia 219 to Neutral XML? I can't seem to find the form to change my order. And do you happen to have any beamshots of the Neutral XML? I looked over the posts but only found the comparison between the 219 and U2.

Best regards,

Saad

Hi Saad,

Still waiting on the T5 to arrive though I think one of the Torpedo proto's I have uses the same T5.
I'll see if I can hunt it down (it may have been one of the ones I destroyed in testing).

I'll have to set a deadline at some point, the main issue being serial numbers and finish choices.
As long as I have enough T5's in each finish, the heads can be changed easily enough, but when I run out of T5's, then there won't be any until the next run.

If you click on the contact us link on the MBI website, on the right hand side of the page, there is a change request form or just click the link in this sentence :)

tgwnn

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh you're quick Guy! I was sending Saad the link and came back and you'd already answered it yourself! lol Excellent ownership! Wish every owner responded to their customers the way you do! ;)

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh you're quick Guy! I was sending Saad the link and came back and you'd already answered it yourself! lol Excellent ownership! Wish every owner responded to their customers the way you do! ;)

Thanks DBC,

When I'm not far from the computer, its easy enough :)
When I'm asleep, I usually type a little slower :D

tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guy,

Do you know the difference in weight between the titanium and aluminum HF?

Hi Ward,

Not sure exactly yet.
The Ti with 10250 body including battery is 26gm's
The Aluminum should be just a little lighter than that.
The Brass is 42gm's

tgwnn

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't get an update. Going to check the website

Omg im freakin out here, man! I Need my update! Ahhh!

lol I need help

-Alex

Last edited:

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't get an update. Going to check the website

-Alex

Hi Alex,

I don't see your mail on the list (though Im sure you've subscribed)?
if you try subscribing at the bottom of this page:
http://www.matchboxinstruments.com/index.html

You can see the past editions and it will let you change your settings if already subscribed.

Thanks and sorry for any confusion.
tgwnn

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
It says it's already on the setting..... :-/

I'm viewing it on my subscriber page though anyway.

-Alex

Guy you did it again! I land from another awesome flight and there you are pouring a friggin' sweet update right in my lap! You're the best!

Last edited:

Zandar

Enlightened
Thanks for the great update. I keep wanting to preorder but I always get the feeling that another option is just around the corner. Looking back it's really sad that the H F has so few options! There's only what is it, something like 50 possible combinations ,the ability to pick serial numbers and future accesorys too! And you call this light customized! I've now come to the conclusion, that your nefarious plan, all along has been to take over the entire custom builder market and enslave us all! How can you even sleep at night torturing us this way? Oh! That's right you don't sleep because your up "dreaming up" yet another variant. This is what happens when you ignore what others say and just do it. Im impressed with your ingenuity and fortitude. Now I just need to figure out how to come up with the $2000 needed to buy all the H F and Torpedo variants! Thanks for a great journey.

Last edited:

Orange Sunnyboy

Newly Enlightened
A double A flashlight, aluminium HFs, new HF options.. What was that you said about going slow?

I'm now convinced that you're actually six robots (or one insane super robot with six personalities) that are using the guise of a simple inventor and entrepreneur as a a cover, and the sale of torches as a springboard for your nefarious schemes. Today it's a couple of tiny ultra bright flashlights, tomorrow a AA sun ray, then before we know it there'll be a light with these fantastic new "tritium like vials" that blink in a strange rhythmic pattern almost too fast for human eye to decipher. A month will pass then BAM! All of those odd, idiopathic neurological disorders that sprang up with undeniable synchronicity in locales as distant as Taiwan's Taipei and Asunción in Paraguay will coalesce as 5000 flashlight wielding citizens are drawn inexplicably to the remote Norwegian Island of Bouvetøya. If my calculations are correct, it will be there, amid the cruel uncompromising ice and tundra of an inactive volcano, that an army will meet it's leader/s and be armed.

It is at great risk to myself that I have gathered and shared this information and I fear they could be upon me at any moment, there been have strange noises every night outside my window for a couple of days now, so I'll just say this in closing. BE VIGILANT!

Last edited:

Orange Sunnyboy

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I need to stop hanging around these TGWNN threads. You guys are all crazy and I think it must be rubbing off on me. Obviously I was just joking about that whole robot world domination thing. In any case, I think I need to disappear from the forum for a while.... Also anyone I have transactions pending with at the moment please consider them on hold for the moment, as I'm moving house and don't know when I'll be contactable again.

Kind Regards and Farewell,
Orange sunnyboy

010001010111100001110100011001010111001001101101011010010110111001100001011101000110010100100000010001010111100001110100

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I ask what is meant by the short high when rotating it? It'll flash a high between indents? Or actually is there an indent feeling? Or just rotates freely...
This is a beautiful light at such a great price point.

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
I have been so well in keeping away from CPF (and keeping my money) but for some inexplicable reason, I just had to preorder the Raw Ti with XML-T5............
Amazing little light.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
It says it's already on the setting..... :-/

I'm viewing it on my subscriber page though anyway.

-Alex

Guy you did it again! I land from another awesome flight and there you are pouring a friggin' sweet update right in my lap! You're the best!

Hi Alex,
Sorry about the settings. I'll re-check though I didn't build that system (so it may have bugs?)
Happy you had another great flight ;)

Thanks for the great update. I keep wanting to preorder but I always get the feeling that another option is just around the corner. Looking back it's really sad that the H F has so few options! There's only what is it, something like 50 possible combinations ,the ability to pick serial numbers and future accesorys too! And you call this light customized! I've now come to the conclusion, that your nefarious plan, all along has been to take over the entire custom builder market and enslave us all! How can you even sleep at night torturing us this way? Oh! That's right you don't sleep because your up "dreaming up" yet another variant. This is what happens when you ignore what others say and just do it. Im impressed with your ingenuity and fortitude. Now I just need to figure out how to come up with the $2000 needed to buy all the H F and Torpedo variants! Thanks for a great journey.

Hi Zandar,
Thanks for the post.
Exactly that. Im working on a new theory called pleasurable torture :D

A double A flashlight, aluminium HFs, new HF options.. What was that you said about going slow?

I'm now convinced that you're actually six robots (or one insane super robot with six personalities) that are using the guise of a simple inventor and entrepreneur as a a cover, and the sale of torches as a springboard for your nefarious schemes. Today it's a couple of tiny ultra bright flashlights, tomorrow a AA sun ray, then before we know it there'll be a light with these fantastic new "tritium like vials" that blink in a strange rhythmic pattern almost too fast for human eye to decipher. A month will pass then BAM! All of those odd, idiopathic neurological disorders that sprang up with undeniable synchronicity in locales as distant as Taiwan's Taipei and Asunción in Paraguay will coalesce as 5000 flashlight wielding citizens are drawn inexplicably to the remote Norwegian Island of Bouvetøya. If my calculations are correct, it will be there, amid the cruel uncompromising ice and tundra of an inactive volcano, that an army will meet it's leader/s and be armed.

It is at great risk to myself that I have gathered and shared this information and I fear they could be upon me at any moment, there been have strange noises every night outside my window for a couple of days now, so I'll just say this in closing. BE VIGILANT!

Wow, I need to stop hanging around these TGWNN threads. You guys are all crazy and I think it must be rubbing off on me. Obviously I was just joking about that whole robot world domination thing. In any case, I think I need to disappear from the forum for a while.... Also anyone I have transactions pending with at the moment please consider them on hold for the moment, as I'm moving house and don't know when I'll be contactable again.

Kind Regards and Farewell,
Orange sunnyboy

010001010111100001110100011001010111001001101101011010010110111001100001011101000110010100100000010001010111100001110100
Hi Orange Sunnyboy,

These parts of the woods have been bordering on slight insanity. I'll admit it.
I imagined different people, would want different things,
not that all the people, would want all the things :shrug:
You might want to strap your wallet under the fridge with some masking tape to keep it safe or just hand it over to your therapist :D

Not only do you having me laughing but also scrambling for the old books on binary code! :crackup:
Please crack the code for us DBC

Can I ask what is meant by the short high when rotating it? It'll flash a high between indents? Or actually is there an indent feeling? Or just rotates freely...
This is a beautiful light at such a great price point.
HI f22shift,
Thanks for the post.
There is no indent, just a smooth rotation (though somewhat firm to prevent accidental-on).
Think of it as a position on the switch that is only 5 degrees in distance (eg. on the seconds hand of a clock, just 3 seconds in distance).
I've had the lab team work on it and I think they may be able to get rid of it which would be ideal but I wanted to be sure to mention this upfront, just in case. ;)

I've been away from the thread awhile - the update brought me back! :D Just phenomenal !!
Hi sledhead,

Thanks for posting and welcome back :D

I have been so well in keeping away from CPF (and keeping my money) but for some inexplicable reason, I just had to preorder the Raw Ti with XML-T5............
Amazing little light.

Hi LEDdicted,
I'll be honest and say I used to frequent cpf in strong spurts for a month or two, then be away for a few months, then back again so I know the feeling. Thanks very much for the order and welcome back.

tgwnn

Nice65

Newly Enlightened
Of the 5963 emails I have stored on Google servers, the one I just received from MBI is my favourite :)