• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mc2s resistor values***UPDATE***

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my JSB123's and Aleph 3, 5W, DB917 head today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I charged two batteries, loaded them into a 2x123 powerpack and installed the Aleph 3 head.

At one meter:
3410 lux= max
662 lux= 15 ohm

That thing lights up my whole basement! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif to Don.

I had to move up from a RipOff CO-30 to a CO-31 for that monster! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

EDIT:
That's was a 15 ohm above and not a 10 ohm! Brain fart.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

lak

Newly Enlightened
Can I assume that the KL1 in the chart is of the old design? Has anyone tried the new design KL1 with one or two cells 123? If not, can someone give an educated guess?

How easy is it to switch the resistors? Do you have an instruction written somewhere? Thanks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Brightnorm,
Since you dredged this one up, I should add that many are now finding that 10 ohms is a good choice for the NG drivers.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
lak said:
How easy is it to switch the resistors? Do you have an instruction written somewhere? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
You just change the resistor board. Unscrew the one cap screw that you see when you look into the tail from the inside, and all comes apart. Replace new board with old board, and you're off to the races.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It is linked in the FAQ ... too many stickies will crowd the top space too much ...
bernhard

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
Guess what? All my lightbulbs have disappeared from favorites and I don't have the technical smarts to look under the hood. Disappointing but I lived without them before and I'll live without them again.
Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:Brightnorm,
Since you dredged this one up, I should add that many are now finding that 10 ohms is a good choice for the NG drivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don,

This is embarassing; my post was intended for a different thread on favicons and I must have absent-mindedly posted it here. Please ignore, in fact I'll delete it since it has no relevance here.

BN