McGizmo Haiku - An Ideal EDC - An Essay

Poppy

Flashaholic
Thanks guys. :) I figure there was probably about 10 good posts over those years; 1 out of 1,000 ain't bad. haha

<SNIP>
nbp,
Don't sell yourself short.

Here's a PM I sent to you a couple of months ago. I hope you don't mind that I'll share it here in public.

Your posts are typically concise and meaningful.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

They show your intelligence. :thumbsup: :)
Poppy

IMO, you bring great value to this site.

Looking forward to your next 10,000 :) :thumbsup:

carrot

Flashaholic
I have such good timing. I got an AA Haiku, my first, just in time for nbp's 10k celebration.

This thread helped.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey Carrot! This is your first Haiku? Congrats! Let see that thing. What LE is in it?

carrot

Flashaholic
Hey Carrot! This is your first Haiku? Congrats! Let see that thing. What LE is in it?

That's be the XP-L HI 4250K.

The 219 seemed too wimpy with the 1.5v converter for my taste and the extra throw is always fun!

nbp

Flashaholic
Oh, nice, that should be a great light! I like having a Haiku with the 1.5v converter around. I always figure it's a good light to pocket in a situation where exotic batteries won't be available, since the vast majority of my lights now take li-ions or lithium primaries at the least. Being able to just use alkies or NiHM in it is a nice option. Mine has a Nichia 119, so it's no barn burner, maybe 125 lms or so IIRC, but it's got a great beam with a lovely tint and just a little bit of throw. For many EDC situations it will do just fine. My CR123 body Haiku has a DatiLED 219 LE in it so it definitely packs more punch.

Latest posts