• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo Standing wave of Sapphire 25's , GS and now High CRI

managermr

Newly Enlightened
Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

Got my Sapphire GS today! Thanks Don for the very fast mailing. Great light!

Now I need to save for a Haiku.

Vernon

Enlightened

What's the UI on the Sapphire? And is there just one output option?

Many thanks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

What's the UI on the Sapphire? And is there just one output option?

Many thanks.

Twist on and twist off. On constant current level of output (~25 mA) when the light is on.

Vernon

Enlightened

Between your timely responses via email and here, I'm confident you are backing up quality products with the same kind of customer service. Thanks for your diligent help, Don.

Maxbelg

Enlightened

I now have two Sapphires!

The one is a 25 GS and it's a great general usage AAA flashlight. I'd love to know its real runtime on an Energizer Lithium battery as I haven't found this info anywhere.

The second Sapphire is a high cri mule which Don still had and was willing to part with (thanks Don!): Now this Sapphire is something else!! It has amazing CRI and to my eyes it is quite a bit better especially on blue colors than my Peak Eiger XPG high cri and equal to my High CRI Nichia 219 from Illumination Supply which I put in a HDS. It is slightly dimmer than the 25 GS but it is quite adequate for general use. I consider myself very lucky to have obtained this light.

I own quite a few AAA flashlights by now but so far the Sapphires are my favorites!

Last edited:

Maxbelg

Enlightened
Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

I now have two Sapphires!

The one is a 25 GS and it's a great general usage AAA flashlight. I'd love to know its real runtime on an Energizer Lithium battery as I haven't found this info anywhere....

According to the L92 spec sheet, 1200mAh capacity at 25mA rate of discharge should equal approximately 48 hours runtime (theoretical) ... :)

And congrats on the Sapphire Mule, those are super-rare !

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've "rediscovered" this light.
I had bought 1 for my daughter for university last year and she did use it, but then it got lost in her "packing".
I recently found it at home and have been using it. Very handy indeed. Almost too bright at 2 am when I am heading downstairs to check on the dogs.
Great little light.

Maxbelg

Enlightened

According to the L92 spec sheet, 1200mAh capacity at 25mA rate of discharge should equal approximately 48 hours runtime (theoretical) ... :)

And congrats on the Sapphire Mule, those are super-rare !

Thanks! I did the calculation as well, but I might test it soon to be sure.......

Maxbelg

Enlightened

I will post results of the runtime test when I've done it. I don't have any special equipment, so it'll just be the number of hours!

Haven't tested a Lithium battery yet, but got 5 hours 58 minutes on an Eneloop until I stopped the test due to obvious reduction in output. The voltage on the Eneloop HR-4UTGA then measured exactely 1,0 Volt. This runtime is about the same as on an alkaline before output starts dropping according to this post: (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?253421-Titanium-Sapphire-quot-25-quot) Lithium should do better but nowhere close to the theoretical 48 hours!

I have done a runtime test with an Energizer Lithium primary battery. Total 11h 55 min and the last hour or so there was obvious dimming with Finaly only a faint glow the last minutes.

As far as runtime goes with the AAA flashlights: For single level lights I'm happy with this type of runtime! The ARC P ran about 7hours until empty on a lithium primary. In multiple mode flashlights the runtime on low is largely irrelevant to me. Let me explain: I always use the higher levels at least sometimes, so I don't have a "guaranteed" runtime except the high level. That's also why I love these single level AAA flashlights with good runtimes. One notable exception is the Muyshondt Mako which runs more than 20 hours on high and 80 on low with a lithium primary, but the high has less total output than my Sapphire GS judged by ceiling bounce, so it's no surprise that its runtime is longer even on "high".

I'm pleased with the runtime and the fact that it doesn't just cut out as was suggested in another post. This might be because this was a continuous runtime-test and not intermittent usage. I Love my Sapphires more than any other flashlights at present and they are truly EDC ie I always have one on me (not EDC as in when I carry a flashlight this is the one I choose).

Last edited:

Redboy

Newly Enlightened

I received my Sapphire from Don a few days ago. You guys all know this already, but Don is top notch! This little light is absolutely beautiful, and it arrived within days of ordering.

Thanks Don! :thumbsup:

eklimpke

Newly Enlightened

Email sent. I am ready to start improving my flashlight collection.

persco

Enlightened

Email sent. I am ready to start improving my flashlight collection.

The Sapphire is a great way to start. But get ready to spend a lot more money because when you see the Sapphire you'll want a Haiku... then a Mule... then a Makai...

eklimpke

Newly Enlightened

The Sapphire is a great way to start. But get ready to spend a lot more money because when you see the Sapphire you'll want a Haiku... then a Mule... then a Makai...

Which version of the Haiku would you recommend? All of the different options are still a little confusing. What are the pros and cons?

Thanks for the help

zeppo

Newly Enlightened

I am a complete newbie, with a Sapphire, and a couple of 10440 batteries. Can I use these in the Sapphire?