• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo's Record For Reliability

rioimmagina

Enlightened
I have sold all my flashlights but a select few. Currently two of the three flashlights I own are the Haiku High CRI and Haiku XM-L. I had the High CRI Mule but found I like the focused beam more. I have owned about 4 McGizmos at once, but these two best fit my needs.

These two are for me the perfect pair. The XM-L is great for when I want a lot of light and has an really nice beam with a great combination of both flood and throw and the High CRI is the best EDC light ever. It gives off a great nice white beam (I don't like yellow) but still has amazing CRI. It is only about 90 lumens but you will be impressed with the amount of usable light.

You will really enjoy this pair. Great selections for your first McGizmos!

Here are mine
img4628n.jpg

Woooooowww the dark one is just amazing!!!! Is Don offering this coating also?
Edit - sorry didn't realize this thread is very old!

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey, I'm not that old! ;)

No Don doesn't offer coatings but some other modders/machinist type guys can do things like that.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
My Mcclicky died today after owning it less than a yr. I used it everyday though on a 6p with a multi mode led dropin.

nbp

Flashaholic
That's definitely unusual. What does/doesn't it do? (It's screwed in tightly in the tailcap right?)

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Yes it was screwed on tight. I turned it on and it went off a split second later. Tried again and it flickered then nothing from then on. Put on my extra Z59 and it worked fine.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once encountered a problem too with the switch my Haiku HCRI when it was only a few weeks old. Basically I had to click it a few times just to turn it on, and click a few times to turn off. Sometimes it work perfectly, and sometimes the issue just keep happening. Emailed Don and he sent me a couple switches with an email instruction on how to change it out. Now that is cool service!