Melbourne Victoria Summer 2014 CPF Meet.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saturday's weather forecast is fine and sunny with a 38'c maximum. Should we go ahead with the meet on the 8th or postpone it to either February 15th or 22nd?

Please state your thoughts/votes.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Saturday's weather forecast is fine and sunny with a 38'c maximum.
Are you made of snow?

12281790146_25a34553c2_m.jpg

38 will be OK with me.

Norm

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm only new here but was going to attend this meet on the 8th. What time does it kick of?

Newbies are always welcome! as for the time... I have no idea. I was just going to show up at some point.

Gav?

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
Saturday's weather forecast is fine and sunny with a 38'c maximum. Should we go ahead with the meet on the 8th or postpone it to either February 15th or 22nd?

Please state your thoughts/votes.

Hopefully it cools down a little in the arvo Gav. I'm not scared of a little heat.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm only new here but was going to attend this meet on the 8th. What time does it kick of?
It's a bit variable folks show up at times that suit them, pretty sure I'll be there between 6:00 and 6:30, I have another event on Saturday afternoons but I should be finished early enough to get there around 6:00.

Welcome to the Melbourne group it is always nice to meet new members.

Norm

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be there around 4.30-5pm to get some kayak time in. Who wants to join me as I got a spare kayak?

Its going to be a warm night and those pesky bugs and insects are gonna kill us and eat our flesh:help:

Norm

Retired Administrator
We used the Bushmans tropical strength in south America and didn't have a bug come anywhere near us.

Norm

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Gav, I might take you up on that extra kayak offer - there's a cache in this lake too. Hopefully not so windy this time!

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries Simon! Hopefully we don't have to dive for it...

Crash: I've seen kids swim in the lake all the time and I've fallen in myself, as long as you don't drink any of the water, I don't see the danger.

Jon: At the last meet you mentioned that you've not seen the SW01 slim? I'll bring one for you to have a look.

Last edited:

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Drink lots of water, but its not the heat that I'm worried about, its the bloody insects that will be out in force on a 30'c night. I recall in 2010 when we had a summer CPF meet at Lysterfield Lake, it was crazy with thousands of flying insects dive bombing the lights everytime we turned them on.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know where I could pick up a Fenix HP25 in Melbourne while I'm in town?