MG P-Rocket w/R5 465* Lumens Available Soon!

recDNA

Flashaholic
I like SST-50's driven around 4 amps. Hardly anybody does it though.

amigafan2003

Enlightened
Yeah great !...But for how long ?
First 30 seconds ?

1hr10mins :)

Runtime.jpg

2hrs10mins to 50%

I actually prefer this runtime pattern to fully regulated - a good dose of regulation followed by direct drive for efficiency. I've been caught out to many time whilst biking from lights suddenly dying halfway down a run.

Very pleased with the XP-G P-Rocket (neutral version) - same great build quality, nice throw for an XP-G light and flawless beam (no doughnut) with the OP reflector. Noticeable brighter than my Fenix TK12 R5 - so impressed wit the p-rocket that I'm selling the TK12.

Might have to buy the SMO version for comparison.

Last edited:

amigafan2003

Enlightened
A tiny bit yes. My TK12 R5 has an SMO reflector so it's impressive that the OP P-Rocket out throws it. I'd like to see how the SMO P-Rocket compares. I think it's just the drive level though - my TK12 is only driven at 850ma.

Rod911

Enlightened
Damn this thread! I told myself I won't by myself another light until the new LEDs come out.

Checked out what Bryan's offering and the XP-G neutral with SMO reflector sure looks inviting. I already have the SST-50 neutral and I do like the build of this light.

I'll sleep on it...or maybe wait a couple more nights before the AUD hits near parity to the USD again before I end up going :paypal:. :tinfoil:

socalrunner

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to get the cool white but looking for beamshot difference betwee the smooth and OP reflector.. This will be used as a secondary light for bike riding or possibly a helmet light.

I know the Romisen R5 used an OP reflector and had a nice beam shape for bike riding..