First Impressions Wurkkos Orange TS10 V2, w RGB Aux and 4000K LEDs

iacchus

Enlightened
So, I got my TS10.
Its one of the Ti/Cu vesrions. Cute little light. I wish it worked.
When you press the tailcap, you get epilepsy disco, flashing RGBs and mains. Gotta hold the button down for it to do anything, won't stay on. It will ramp though.
I checked the threads, thinking there might be some machining detritus in there, gave it a good cleaning, but didn't see anything untoward and it didn't help any. My guess is a faulty switch.
I sent them an email, we'll see what transpires.

Suffice to say, me dipping my toe in the Anduril pond hasn't gone well so far.
I do have a fresh new FW3A SS from our friend in Hawaii though, so I'll get to play w/ that once I get some cells that have max10A rating to feed it. I guess it's picky, he put a big sticker warning DO NOT use cells rated over 10A, and then was nice enough to ship it w/ a Molicell 35A 18650 inside. Glad I checked.
I'm not complaining, though. Those are great cells and a real value add. Just can't use it in the light it was inside apparently.

So far, Andy eludes me.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is a faulty switch.
sorry to hear your light does not work properly

hopefully you will receive a free replacement. Wurkkos usually ships a replacement promptly, after you provide a video of the problem. If you need to contact someone other than customer service, Wurkkos Terry can help expedite.

fwiw, here are some common issues, and their solutions

iacchus

Enlightened
sorry to hear your light does not work properly

hopefully you will receive a free replacement. Wurkkos usually ships a replacement promptly, after you provide a video of the problem. If you need to contact someone other than customer service, Wurkkos Terry can help expedite.

fwiw, here are some common issues, and their solutions
Thanks for the links. I'll dig into that and see if anything helps.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
fwiw, the disco you describe is a symptom that the inner body tube is not making good contact

if you are using the stock battery, the issue is probably at the tail and can be fixed by disassembly and cleaning out any glue that may be blocking electrical contact, or preventing the tailcap from closing all the way.

However, the tail is glued and may be difficult to open. And it is not your responsibility.. otoh once you get the replacement, you will end up with two for the price of one, and will probably be able to fix the issue.

fwiw, this is what the 3 tailswitch parts look like (on right):
bc3a7c67c8e7846af8017e148b42305503707b36.jpeg

You probably dont need to pull the inner tube out, but if you do, there are a couple of O rings to deal with. One in a groove inside the outer tube, that will need to be kept in place. And one at the tail end, that needs to be manipulated not to end up too close to the tail end, so it does not get inbetween the raised collar on the inner tube and the shelf on the outer tube.

The O rings are just there to space the inner tube away from the body. otoh if during assembly the inner tube trapped the upper O ring on the shelf, that would prevent the inner tube from seating deeply enough to protrude properly at the head end, to reach the pill.

At the head end the inner tube should be sticking out by about 2.5mm past the threads:
IMG_6461.jpg

this is a post that describes a similar issue:

"My TiCu TS10 also exhibited weird behavior, and it turned out to be an issue with the switch. Since the tailcap is glued on, I couldn't properly diagnose it. Wurkkos was really good about sending me a replacement light (which worked fine), and after that I decided to break the glue and get the tailcap off of the original light. It works fine now. My theory is that the tailcap was not tight enough before the glue set at the factory."

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
fwiw, the disco you describe is a symptom that the inner body tube is not making good contact

if you are using the stock battery, the issue is probably at the tail and can be fixed by disassembly and cleaning. However, the tail is glued and may be difficult to open. And it is not your responsibility.. otoh once you get the replacement, you will end up with two for the price of one.

this is a post that describes a similar issue:

"My TiCu TS10 also exhibited weird behavior, and it turned out to be an issue with the switch. Since the tailcap is glued on, I couldn't properly diagnose it. Wurkkos was really good about sending me a replacement light (which worked fine), and after that I decided to break the glue and get the tailcap off of the original light. It works fine now. My theory is that the tailcap was not tight enough before the glue set at the factory."
Beat me to it.