New Wurkkos TS10, a Floody Titanium light with Triple High CRI LEDs plus RGB Aux for under $50

Monocrom

Flashaholic
my light is on the move again who wants to guess where it will go next? omg im going to be so bummed to have lost all the money on this order.. but if it shows up ill be happy maybe happy enough to sing a song of my people
I'm going to guess Toronto, Canada. 🇨🇦

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jon…. Or someone else. But you're our resident anduril guru. I have a question. If no manual mode memory, and power is disconnected from the light while it's on(has to be on otherwise last mode is saved when reconnecting) a fixed output will come on. I presume this is the first output when first turned on new. Is this the top of the 7135 regulated output?
And if it is, and I set a manual mode memory of 1 minute, it seems that up to a minute my last mode is saved and will turn back on at this level. But if I wait 1 minute, it turns on at the same new brighness(same as when turned on after power disconnect)
If this is the top of 7135, then couldn't I also 10C and save this top regulated output as manual mode memory?
I know some anduril versions had the led flash as it went past the 7135 into the FET, but this light doesn't do this.
Thanks. Hope that all made sense.

Edit: now it's doing something weird where if it sits long enough it gets stuck in one mode. Moonlight doesn't work only turbo and memory or saved or whatever single click is.
Breaking power connection doesn't fix it. I can fix it with 3C while on switch between smooth and stepped, or vice versa. Then after sitting for a while, it will do it again.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this the top of the 7135 regulated output?
Great question!

Not always. I just tested two different ceilings, starting with Manual Memory OFF..

IF I set ceiling 10 units lower, the startup output is 160 lumens and that is Not top of 7135. otoh IF I set ceiling 40 steps lower, then yes, the startup output after removing the head is 115 lumens and YES, that IS the top of 7135

iow, the startup output after removing the head, changes depending on what I set the ceiling to... it might or might not turn at at top of 7135.

However, given that your goal is to set manual memory to the top of the 7135, here is a sure way to get there.

1. Set the ceiling 61 steps lower, iow, use 6x long press, plus 1 clic, to lower the ceiling. Ceiling now produces 115 lumens.

And when I test on my Opple, the output is flat, regulated, with NoPWM. iow,YES, that is top of 7135.

2. I set this to manual memory. (10C from On)

3. I then changed the ceiling to 10 levels lower.
Without removing the head, the light still turns on to the Manual Memory and it IS Top of 7135.

And suprisingly, with Manual Memory still set to Top of 7135, removing the head for 10 seconds and then reinstalling it, Also turns on at the Manual Memory output, that is set to top of 7135. (it did not work that way with Manual Memory Off)

I set a manual mode memory of 1 minute
the Temporary Memory Timer is a separate function.. dont confuse it with the Manual Memory setting, which works even when the Temporary Memory timer is set to 0.

I really appreciate the quality of your question, I hope you will now be able to memorize the top of 7135.. Enjoy!

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great question!

Not always. I just tested two different ceilings, starting with Manual Memory OFF..

IF I set ceiling 10 units lower, the startup output is 160 lumens and that is Not top of 7135. otoh IF I set ceiling 40 steps lower, then yes, the startup output after removing the head is 115 lumens and YES, that IS the top of 7135

iow, the startup output after removing the head, changes depending on what I set the ceiling to... it might or might not turn at at top of 7135.

However, given that your goal is to set manual memory to the top of the 7135, here is a sure way to get there.

1. Set the ceiling 61 steps lower, iow, use 6x long press, plus 1 clic, to lower the ceiling. Ceiling now produces 115 lumens.

And when I test on my Opple, the output is flat, regulated, with NoPWM. iow,YES, that is top of 7135.

2. I set this to manual memory. (10C from On)

3. I then changed the ceiling to 10 levels lower.
Without removing the head, the light still turns on to the Manual Memory and it IS Top of 7135.

And suprisingly, with Manual Memory still set to Top of 7135, removing the head for 10 seconds and then reinstalling it, Also turns on at the Manual Memory output, that is set to top of 7135. (it did not work that way with Manual Memory Off)

the Temporary Memory Timer is a separate function.. dont confuse it with the Manual Memory setting, which works even when the Temporary Memory timer is set to 0.

I really appreciate the quality of your question, I hope you will now be able to memorize the top of 7135.. Enjoy!
Thanks. Great reply. Lol. I got the idea from seeing reviews of the Wurkkos TS21. Apparently that's how that works. Top of 7135 is gotten to from twisting head off while light is on. So I thought maybe that was a Anduril wide thing
So 61 steps lower…. That's a ceiling of 90? Then set turn of from head off? Then put my ceiling back to where I want it?

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
So 61 steps lower…. That's a ceiling of 90?
Correct! (for the Aluminium TS10, different for the TiTS10, the ramp spacing changed)

Then set turn of from head off?
not sure I understand..
The goal here is once ceiling is set to 90, go to Ceiling (I use 2C) and set Manual Memory to that Ceiling output, using 10C from On at Ceiling 90/151.
Then put my ceiling back to where I want it?
Correct! ;-)

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct! (for the Aluminium TS10, different for the TiTS10, the ramp spacing changed)

not sure I understand..
The goal here is once ceiling is set to 90, go to Ceiling (I use 2C) and set Manual Memory to that Ceiling output, using 10C from On at Ceiling 90/151.
I don't understand what I was trying to say either. I really need to proof read instead of letting autocorrect handle it!
Ok I see. I thought I'd be saving mode memory to the mode that comes on when the light comes back on after turning off with a head twist. But I'm saving to level 90. That's a lot easier than I was thinking. Thanks
Correct! ;-)

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I got it. It seems to be the same brightness as level 5 with ceiling at 120 and 7 steps. But brightness is hard to judge if it's a small difference. It's not really important to me to have the top regulated level. I can't tell the small gradual drop there'd be from running on pwm of the fet. Thought it's be neat. Ended up doing a reset first just to make sure.
Before I had memory set to step 4. So I'm actually starting on a higher output now than I was before.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I meant was on fet its Not regulated
true,

> So 120 lumens at say 20% duty cycle would become 90 lumens when the cell is almost dead. I'd have a hard time seeing that compared to a steady 100 lumens.

agree

Aside from Regulated output over time, what makes Top of 7135 unique is the lack of PWM pulses to the LED, whereas below top of 7135 (no fet engaged), the 7135 Output is still regulated, but the LED is being pulsed on and off (really fast)

note the difference in Flicker Index, and Raw Data (Lux, power pulses to the LED). This data is from my Opple 3:

Screen Shot 2023-12-21 at 6.00.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-21 at 6.01.11 PM.png

Im particularly fond of drivers w NoPWM, which is why I bought an Emissar D2 which has NoPWM.. instead of a Zebra w PWM:
bxEh8NV.jpeg

Note the Zebra has a higher Flicker Index than the D2, because the Zebra does not have steady Lux (shown on the Raw Data screen on right.

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya. I've never noticed pwm so it doesn't bother me. I have linear driven lights, buck, boost, they're all the same as far I can tell. I know some people are sensitive to it, but I'm good. Only issue I have is it can be less efficient as LEDs are less efficient at higher currents. Pwm is full current, just not constant. But linear regulators waste power as heat. So they're all about the same to me.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
There seems to be so much discrepancy with these lights. It's hard to keep track of. Jon. You tested level 90 as 120L. But over on blf, you showed a chart and level 50 was 130L. That's a big difference

This sounds accusatory, and that can't be further from the truth. But this stuff is fun to discuss. And trying to get a sense of it all even though at the end of the day, the numbers don't really matter that much to me
IMG_0685.png

But then a little down the page, you post this.

IMG_0686.png

And here with your titanium model, your claim is the titanium is worse thermally. Which is true. So you set the ceiling to 90. Which is what you recommended for my aluminum model as the top of 7135 and 120L. But you claim your tits10 sustains about 225 lumens. How, if level 90, your max level on that light, is only 120L. Maybe 150 because it's the 6000k emitters.

IMG_0687.png

These are all in the same thread.
Also is the titanium brighter at the same levels than the aluminum version, I thought really the only difference was the factory settings and rgb aux. same driver and emitters though

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
is the titanium brighter at the same levels than the aluminum version
yes, the ramp shape and mode spacing changed

> over on blf, you showed a chart and level 50 was 130L

seems you found a typo.. not sure which thread that was

going skiing.. back tonight
Merry Holidays

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Still no light Sad face should I just write it off? If so I think I'll hang up my flashlight hat. I just can't afford to pay for stuff I won't receive

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still no light Sad face should I just write it off? If so I think I'll hang up my flashlight hat. I just can't afford to pay for stuff I won't receive
If you really look at it, it costs the same regardless if you get it or not. Just if the latter, you don't have the light. But the same amount of money

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are all in the same thread.
I just rechecked level 50 (actually 51, cause I only did 10x 1H) on a 6000K aluminium
I got 15.3 lumens w a 3.9V battery level
it appears on the chart you first quoted I misplaced a decimal, and the second chart fixed the decimal.. it shows 17 lumens (more fully charged battery)

> And here with your titanium model, your claim is the titanium is worse thermally. Which is true. So you set the ceiling to 90. Which is what you recommended for my aluminum model as the top of 7135 and 120L.

I think the ramp on the Ti model makes level 90 equivalent to level 110 on aluminium, but I cant verify, as my Ti light has been shipped out

> But you claim your tits10 sustains about 225 lumens. How, if level 90, your max level on that light, is only 120L.

I may have uses level 90 for simple mode and level 120 for the sustainable output test.

I use a lower ceiling for simple mode than for advanced..

so, do you have any other specific output questions? I only have a 6000K aluminium atm ;-)

it may interest you to get your own lumen meter, plus a Ti model.. it can be very entertaining.. (almost as fun as herding cats, lol)

Had a fantastic Powder Skiing day :)

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear that.
Have you tried emailing Wurkkos?
Might be worth it.