MH-C9000 break-in question

kusitb

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I've had an MH-C9000 for a little bit more than a month now and I have run break-in for all of my LSDs (mixture of Eneloops and Imedions)... and I have also started with non-LSDs. So far, so good.

Now, I have come across a few cells that are really way below their stated capacities. I have ran some of them through Refresh and Analyze as well as a few Cycle runs... they are improving by 5-10% or so, but they are still way below stated capacity.

Now I want to run another break-in on them.

Question: What is the correct capacity to enter for cells that are way below stated capacity?

For example I have a Powerex 2700 that is probably 3+ yrs old that has not been used for a very long time because it was buried deep under... :). One break-in, a couple of R&As and Cycles show a capacity of around 1800. In the first break-in, I entered 2700 as the capacity and all was well and good. I want to do another break-in but I'm a bit concerned about entering a capacity of 2700 knowing that previous/recent measurements is way lower..

TIA,

-kusitb

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Kusib,

Welcome to CPF.

I would suggest using 2000 mAh as the capacity.

I got that number by taking 90% of the original capacity, then taking 80% of that.

2700 X 0.90 = 2430
2430 X 0.80 = 1944 and round up to 2000

Initially cells come close to having 90% of their labeled capacity and should be retired after they drop below 80% of that.

Tom

kusitb

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your response. I will try 2000 and see what happens.

BTW, even if this is just my 4th post, I have been lurking here for a while and I have read a LOT of your posts.... and learned a lot in the process. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your knowledge.

-kusitb