MiBoxer C4-12 Charge Override w/LiION

tripplec

Enlightened
I put two 18650 protected cells (marked Samsung ICR18650-30B) into my charger to top them up. (slots 1& 2)

I can't seem to get the current out of auto mode. I hold the button and toggle to 2A and other rates but it goes back to another much lower rate. Its happening with both. This procedure works with NiMH.

After a half dozen attempts different ways I gave up. As it increases in charge I notice the current rate is going down. 0.58A now and it started around 1.26A

sbj

Newly Enlightened
It is very probable that your batteries were not discharged far enough to not immediately reach the end-of-charge voltage at 2A charging current?
Roughly estimated, the batteries should not have more than 4.10V open circuit voltage in order to be able to be briefly charged with 2.0A.

Discharge it to approx. 4.0V open circuit voltage. Then the charger should reach the set 2.0A charging current when recharging.:)

tripplec

Enlightened
I believe you're right on with that. I'd not charged the batteries for a year or more. I place them in and the charger was saying 86% if I recall. Hence the voltage likely wasn't too low.

I'll make note when I charge others at another time.

Thanks SBJ