Microfire K2000R Question

DemonWolf

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I purchased a K2000R a while ago from Fenix-store.com and last week I was re-lubricating it and some lube got into the reflector. I tried to clean it out but the cloth I used only made it worse. And it's now all cloudy and has scratches in it. You can clearly see that parts of the beam are dimmer than others and has different color, which weren't there before.
I didn't think much of it because I thought that getting a replacement reflector would be simple.

I contacted fenix-store about it and they said they don't sell that accessory and said to contact the manufacture directly. I looked through the Microfire website for customer service or support but the only e-mail I found was [email protected]. I sent an e-mail to them about what happened and haven't had a reply in 4 days.

So, I am wondering, does anyone have any idea where I could buy a replacement reflector for my K2000R?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Your best option would be to clean it out the best you can with a Q-tip. Lots of Q-tips, if need be. Just lightly brush out any excess lube there, then do your best to clean the rest out. If it helps any, try bending the Q-tip at a slight angle so it's easier to access the inside of the bezel. Finish it up with some rubbing alcohol, let dry, and viola.

Cheap, easy and effective solution.

If the reflector's REALLY scratched up, though, (if you had a whole glob of lube in there) then I think your best option would be the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the CPF Marketplace website. There you may find someone with a used reflector.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Dudemar offers some good advice and I would add that using some optical cleaner on the swabs works even better. Problem is, even if you are able to get the lube of the reflector's surface you made it sound as though its been scratched pretty badly and that's not going to come out. I think your chances of finding a used reflector or next to zero.

I'd contact the seller again and kindly appeal to them for some help. I'm not sure how long ago the light was purchased and obviously it was your mistake but getting the "pass off" from a CPF dealer is not the kind of service that increases good reputation. They have a far better chance of making something happen through specific contacts than you'll ever have by yourself, especially considering that it's a Chinese manufacturer. It's just that it will require communication and follow up on the seller's part and I don't think it's too much to ask after buying a $400-$500 light.

DemonWolf

Newly Enlightened
A little update

After a couple of e-mails between fenix-store and I, they told me that they have ordered a reflector from Microfire directly and will be getting it in their next shipment.

I am currently waiting for them to get back to me when they receive their next shipment.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome news! I'm glad they followed through and will be sending you a new reflector.:)

DemonWolf

Newly Enlightened
Sadly after 3 months I never did receive my reflector. I e-mailed microfire yesturday and got a reply saying that they will directly send me the reflector as soon as they can.

I guess for some reason they never shipped the reflector to fenix-store, or maybe fenix-store never ordered the reflector from them.

Last edited:

JAF707

Newly Enlightened
Did Microfire get that part to you. Wondering about their service.

DemonWolf

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I did recieve it a few days after I e-mailed them. I appreciate the way they package their items too.
The reflector was all wrapped in bubblewrap and taped a thousand times, and that was inside an emtpy container of chinese rice, which was also taped, it took me 5 minutes to get it all out. :laughing:

Last edited:

LOUSYGREATWALLGM

Enlightened
Yes, I did recieve it a few days after I e-mailed them. I appreciate the way they package their items too.
The reflector was all wrapped in bubblewrap and taped a thousand times, and that was inside an emtpy container of chinese rice, which was also taped, it took me 5 minutes to get it all out. :laughing:
Hi DemonWolf, can you give me the link where you bought the smooth reflector from? Mine is an OP :sigh: Thanks!