MicroFire K3500R Warrior III Problems!!! HELP!!

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone I purchased MicroFire K3500R used here on the forum. When I recieved it the bulb will not light when it is cold. The bulb will strike but will not light unless i press the switch many times very fast. After about 20-30 quick presses of the switch it will light up and once it is heated up I can turn it off and on with no problems. Do you think that it could be the bulb that is bad or does this sound like a ballast problem? I was just hopeing for some feed back before I purchase a 100$ bulb. Thx for your help... :confused:

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
the bulb is not your problem. you indicated that it works once it is heated up.

the problem is getting it to start up when it is cold. your problem is insufficient volatge from the ballast (when cold) to create a big enough "spark/arc" .

"once it is heated up I can turn it off and on with no problems"

you could have a defective ballast but the identical symptoms could be from a bad pack. do not assume you have a viable battery pack just because you get a "green light" or the volatge is xyz on you meter. At start up, your hid could be pulllings 14-18 amps (just for a few nano seconds) and your battery may not be able to deliver that rate of current any longer, but can operate the 2-3 amps to run the light.

If I were you, I would "borrow" a battery, or send the light to somebody that has a working unit, and try their battery in your light

strideredc

Enlightened
i had this with a microfire 24W, its well documented. i would send it back and get your money back. i dont think microfire have sorted these problems out yet. there CS was............cr!p!!!:sssh:

in IMHO leave microfire well alone...:(

amaretto

Newly Enlightened
After charging you have to screw the components together as hard as you can. Try this first because perhaps there is only a problem with insufficient contact (i had this problem with my 24W MF too).

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for all your great answers. Amaretto it looks like you were right on the money. I strained my left nut screwing the battery on and it works great now. I cant believe that was all it was. Well thanks again I am new to this and it is already getting EXPENSIVE! lol :twothumbs

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks guys for all your great answers. Amaretto it looks like you were right on the money. I strained my left nut screwing the battery on and it works great now. I cant believe that was all it was. Well thanks again I am new to this and it is already getting EXPENSIVE! lol :twothumbs

Good call Amaretto!

....and n2deep, that's just an indication that you have a contact issue. Clean all your contacts with Deoxit or WD40 and a swap. Make sure your spring contacts are not crushed flat and clean the threads at the head then apply fresh lube afterward. It shouldn't be that temperamental and you shouldn't have to bust a nut when attaching the battery. That places a lot of extra wear on the threads when you're having to gorilla arm it together.

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Good call Amaretto!

....and n2deep, that's just an indication that you have a contact issue. Clean all your contacts with Deoxit or WD40 and a swap. Make sure your spring contacts are not crushed flat and clean the threads at the head then apply fresh lube afterward. It shouldn't be that temperamental and you shouldn't have to bust a nut when attaching the battery. That places a lot of extra wear on the threads when you're having to gorilla arm it together.

I will get on that. Thanks again for the help