Mild FedEx rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
Waiting on a package from our friends in Tempe. It has been in the state for two days and they can't seem to find my house! And they've delivered here before!

After tracking showed "incorrect address" I called last night and gave them detailed directions to the house, right down to the '64 Chevy pick-up in the driveway! No problem they say, we'll deliver tomorrow.

No delivery today. So I called again and got their crappy voice-recognition answering machine that won't let you talk to a real human until AFTER the driver has RTB and gone home! I finally got through just now and got "You gave excellent directions to your house, I guess there's a new driver on that route, We're sorry, we'll try again tomorrow!!

If it doesn't come tomorrow I'm going to have them deliver it to the bleeping Post Office or the Courthouse, the two largest buildings in a twenty-mile radius. Or better yet, the UPS guy just lives a mile and a half from me, I'll give 'em HIS address! No, wait, they can't find my house, how're they gonna find his house! I live right next door to a church and you can see the bleeping steeple from nearly two miles in any direction!

Don't they understand that this is a replacement for my beloved AAA-LE that recently passed away (RIP, little buddy) and that I'm starting to have serious doubts about KEEPING MY SANITY!!(The fact that I have enough OTHER flashlights to light a high school football stadium has no bearing on the subject, whatsoever!)

Tomorrow is another day....without my triple A.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GlockDoc said:...that this is a replacement for my beloved AAA-LE that recently passed away (RIP, little buddy)

[/ QUOTE ]

How did it pass away? Battery cancer? LED influenca?

(If it is comforting you: The local Fedex partner here is even worse, they are unfriendly too)

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
My FedEx guys are great, but i live RIGHT off of the main highway that runs through this part of the county. that and they visit at least once every week or 2 with lights and other things from eBay and such. I trust fedEx far more than i trust UPS to NOT destroy the package. i send US Postal whenever possable though.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Do not, never, ever, under any circumstances, use DHL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I'm glad Arc does not use DHL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
PeLu said:
[ QUOTE ]
How did it pass away? Battery cancer? LED influenca?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was one of the early ones and it quietly passed away at home after an extended battle with the dreaded "flicker".

The FedEx guy made it today! Seems like it took 2 days for my directions to make it from the computer to his inbox! I guess it could be worse..."Ho, ho, the Wells Fargo Wagon is a comin' down the street...."

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
Only 2 days? You should try FedEx Netherlands; it normally takes them 1 week to get a package delivered, and you get to pay extra taxes too (€65 for the 4+). There's at least anecdotal evidence they're not much better in France and UK. Give me the postal services anytime.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had fantastic results with Fedex. Everytime I've ordered an Arc, Fedex delivered the package to the door THE NEXT DAY. Not once have they rescheduled.

UPS, on the other hand IMO sucks. Half the time they reschedule the delivery, and even when they do get it to me on the "delivery date" its still usually 3-4 days AFTER it initially shipped.

Rudi

Enlightened
The secret seems to be: be familiar with the services in your area. It seems that poor service is localized, because I've lived at the same address for 25 years in a town of 2500 and have never had occasion to complain about delivery from any of the services.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rudi said:
The secret seems to be: be familiar with the services in your area. It seems that poor service is localized, because I've lived at the same address for 25 years in a town of 2500 and have never had occasion to complain about delivery from any of the services.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you hit the nail on the head here. In some areas, some of the carriers just plain suck. I've worked for UPS for several years now, but it is a huge company with hundreds of thousands of employees. Some package centers or hubs are naturally going to be worse than others unfortunately. I've lived in the same area for 30 years, I've moved about a dozen times, but all within a 30 mile radius. I have no major complaints from any of the services, and I've used them all over the years. Occasionally something minor will come up, but it is always resolved. As much as I would like to say UPS will be the best for everyone, I can't, because I know some people in certain areas have had continuous problems with their local UPS drivers and package centers, and it sounds like their customer service is severely lacking.

On the other hand to make a bold generalized sweeping statement like [ QUOTE ]
UPS, on the other hand IMO sucks

[/ QUOTE ] is unfounded and rather ignorant, unless the person has used all of the available services UPS offers in all areas. We haven't become (and stayed) the largest package shipping company in the nation by being the worst.

-Keith

s2k

Newly Enlightened
well, i'm feeling lucky for in Singapore.
for such a small island with 4 millon people, even postal service can reach any address efficiently.

almost every building got it's own postal code (zip code) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

however for my home address, fedex normally deliver packages in the morning but UPS deliver them AFTER 6PM!
they told me it's a sechule for residential addresses... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Mark_van_Gorkom said:
Only 2 days? You should try FedEx Netherlands; it normally takes them 1 week to get a package delivered, and you get to pay extra taxes too (€65 for the 4+).

[/ QUOTE ]

As I wrote, same here in Austria. The charged me 12Euro for doing the (unecessary) customs stuff and additional 6 Euro for collecting the money. Plus 20% tax on both tariffs.
And the deliverer was very unfreindly, called my wife names for his own error (he went to a wrong door first).

Status
Not open for further replies.